Has NASA discoverd flowing water on Mars?

by The Rebel 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Not intelligent life, not in my life time, but, assuming infinite universe, it's out there somewhere. But microbial life, I'd not bet against finding evidence for it in the next 50 years. We know that some Earth microbes can survive in even vacuums for at least short periods, as well is in our own atmosphere. Ellen Stofan (chief scientist at NASA) reckons we'll have strong indications within a decade, and evidence within 20 or 30 years. There's self-interest there in terms of funding further exploration, but the science types I know and chat with are all believers in something to be found in the Solar System.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Just speculating but maybe Mars had life on it way before earth did?

Water is life.

The Rebel.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    It's possible. Mars had a billion years of atmosphere and oceans, which were then lost around 3.5 billion years ago. Which, give or take the odd handful of hundred million years, is roughly when life on Earth began.
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    How refreshing to find a place not contaminated by Jehovah's Witnesses!
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

*** g73 5/22 p. 12 Probes to Other Planets ***

Is there any possibility of liquid water on Mars? Scientists think that there may have been water at one time, since water is viewed as the likely force to carve out canyons and ridges. But man’s knowledge is limited, and other forces might be capable of causing such canyons. In any event, scientists regard it as physically impossible for liquid water to exist on the surface of Mars now. Why? Because the carbon-dioxide atmosphere of Mars is so thin that there is not enough atmospheric pressure to hold water in a liquid state. Thus a drop of water would evaporate instantly.

What has been learned about planets thus far from space ventures is, mainly, that they are not suitable for human habitation, nor has any life been found. But the evolutionists’ search for life in outer space goes on. Is there authoritative information about life in outer space? Can we know for certain if there is life beyond the earth?

*** g73 5/22 p. 13 Is There Life Beyond the Earth? **

The Christian, particularly, knows that even a million landings on Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn or any of the planets and their moons will fail to reveal evolution of life. Both life and intricately designed living creatures came from the Creator, as he clearly tells us in his Word the Bible. To spend money with a stated major objective of verifying the myth of evolution is indeed folly (Prov. 1:7; 9:10) How much better if the money were spent, not trying to verify an erroneous scientific theory about the origin of life, but on the life already here on this unique planet!

*** w88 1/15 p. 7 Insight on the News ***

No Water—No Life

This is the conclusion reached by Professor Norman H. Horowitz, a scientist affiliated with the 1965-76 Mariner and Viking missions to Mars. In his book To Utopia and Back: The Search for Life in the Solar System, Professor Horowitz noted that the findings from these missions clearly resolved the question of whether there is life on Mars or on any other planet in our solar system. “Mars,” he says, “lacks that extraordinary feature that dominates the environment of our own planet, oceans of liquid water in full view of the sun.” Research confirmed the planet’s lack of water.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The problem with water on Mars is that the atmosphere is too cold to sustain it in liquid form. Ice, yes but liquid water is more problematic. I read that the water is likely to be brine - salt water - which is more resistant to freezing. Fresh water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit; Earth's ocean water freezes at 28.4 F because of the salt in it. The more salt the lower the freezing temperature.

This would be important on Mars since the temperatures there are often time below freezing except at the equator during the day. Any organism in that water would have to be tough in order to go through a daily freeze melt cycle.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I wonder if/ when NASA will get the funding for manned missions?

The Rebel

• Simon
    Simon
    Just a few microbes would throw a spanner in most belief systems.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Water achievement.

Definitly exciting times ahead.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Not sure if any one got my earlier little joke?

" Water" achivement.

Ok it wasn't funny.

But that is not to say what I write now was once reality and not fiction.

On the planet Mars, 2 million years ago water was running dry. This a planet once flowing with more water than the Atlantic Ocean. (That fact came from NASAs conference yesterday)

Two million years ago his name was Micca. Micca was from Mars, and he was in charge of space research on behalf of the Mars Ministry, His mission to seek out another planet that marsians could live on as the streams and water on Mars run dry ( This non fact is from my own imagination and has nothing to do with NASAs conference yesterday)

But maybe that explains life on Earth?

Anyway it's fun to think that my ancestors were Micca, or at least they are out there somewhere.

Would that make Micca my God?

Anyway my thinking about what happened two billion or even only two million years ago, is why I am still waiting to be discharged from the mental hospital.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit