Has NASA discoverd flowing water on Mars?

by The Rebel 39 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

It clearly is a privalige to live in this scientific age. Imagine all the great scientist from the past who would be in awe of what so many take for granted today.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

The announcement was water flowing on red planet.

Where we find water, we find life or at least that's the case on earth.

The Rebel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Well, I hope there's radioactive monsters then. I imagine water would make evil robots rust.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Spiders would be fine too I think punkofnice. Ziggy will be happy.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Where we find water, we find life or at least that's the case on earth.

Well, in ONE place where we know there is liquid water we know there is life.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I think it's highly unlikely anywhere in outer space life has evolved.

Statistically, you couldn't be more wrong Kate.

• Mephis
    Mephis

Have a friend who works at JPL (he does testing and problem solving stuff for the last rover and has recently been working on a proposal to get another mission to Mars running). But we've argued between us for years over the potential for life elsewhere in the solar system. He's far more optimistic about it than me, but he's looking to some of the places where oceans are pretty darned likely to exist now rather than Mars. Europa and Enceladus may be the ones where things get very interesting. The more we've explored the solar system, the more assumptions about life, and what we thought allowed for it, get challenged.

Do wonder if anything has managed to survive Mars losing its atmosphere and oceans. Or even if there's evidence to be found of something which was once there.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Statistically, you couldn't be more wrong Kate.

That's a theme with Kate.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

The most exciting thing about the announcement today is that " IT WOULD be possible to have life on Mars" Said NASAs John Grumsfeld.

David Bowie quotes to follow shortly.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Do you think it's possible that in your life time they will find life out there? Particularly intelligent life?

Thank you NASA, you might not get the recognition footballers and film stars get, but your work is appreciated.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit