So many lonely people

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Hey, maybe they could try the kingdom hall !

• blackout
    blackout
    J6OCR9 Mar 15, 2003

People need to develop emotional intelligence. I enjoy being alone. I can sit for hours and listen to people's conversation and not say a word. I can also be in a room of people and shut myself off. I guess I'm in my own little world, not lonely though.
    Hey j60cr9 you and me could get on real good. We'd just sit down together and quietly watch the world. Interesting isn't it?
  • Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

My wife just came thru a medical problem that could have been life threatening, and that scared the daylights out of me. In the first place we've been married almost 38 years and we already have the warts identified. The thought of finding and living with anyone else is a frightening prospect, don't know as if I would know how to approach the problem. Bug

• Prisca
    Prisca

I think we live in a very superficial world where if we don't like or understand something, we simply turn our backs on it and find something new. It's the throw-away society mentality. It's too easy to get a divorce, to break up with people we hardly really know, to ignore anything that looks too hard to deal with. We are used to fast food, fast communications, fast relationships. If we don't like someone, we can throw them away without worrying about why things didn't work, or why we were attracted to them in the first place. We can turn on the computer and enter into a virtual world of virtual relationships. Friendships can be made and broken in a matter of minutes, an easier alternative to real live relationships.

Of course, such superficiality is not the ideal, but modern Western society has pushed us into that mode of thinking. It is hard to deal with things on a deeper level, when we are bombarded with messages from the media, encouraging us to live for the here-and-now, rather than taking life more seriously.

Starting relationships in these modern days is not an easy thing to do, and it's no wonder older married ones like Shutterbug and Francois shudder at the thought at being alone in today's world.

• neyank
    neyank

Better to be happy alone than miserable with someone else.

neyank

• SYN
    SYN

You're just not looking in the right places.

• Farkel
    Farkel

xjw,

: 1/2 are miserable SOB's who nobody would want to be in the same room with, ie Farkel.

Big "fuck you" or little "fuck you," xjw?

Farkel

• Francois
    Francois

Wasa, and the rest, yes stone walls do not a prison make. And I've been in relationships that were worse than any prison could ever be. There's nothing quite like a relationship gone sour so that the warfare has no respite even in the bedroom where the bitterness and sharp tongues continue to do battle until the wee small hours of the morning. There are worse things than being alone. And likely the root causes are somewhat as Prisca has suggested. I don't relish being alone again, but when I'm in the middle of some hysterical argument over whether or not the thermostat is one degree higher than it should be, anything seems preferable.

francois

• gumby
    gumby

exdub

The majority of these belong to the JW's. Hey...why not ? They have no conscience, they have no feelings, they have no love

So the witnesess have no love eh? When their kid or mate dies.....they have no feelings right?

When their family member leave the group.....they feel nothing right?

They also have no conscience right?

I guess they are subhuman according to you. They have the same feelings you have.....it's just their Organisation that has them in a mental brainwashed bondage......overides these qualities they possess. I loved people, had a conscience, and had feelings when I was a dub........didn't you?

BTW.......I guess Farkel gave you an asskickin.....didn't he?

Gumby

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hey, maybe they could try the kingdom hall ! A Paduan, I have been thinking of that lately myself. I went to the hall last year and it was traumatic for me but I also felt oddly at home. I also seemed to connect with the "brothers". I missed the "family". I married 2 worldly guys. They were everything the society warned about and then some. Was it all self-fulfilling prophecy? Love, Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit