So many lonely people

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

With 6 quatrillion people on this planet why are there so many lonely people desperately searching for someone to love?

With cities crowded with people, why is it that finding someone to love would be so hard?

There are more and more single people as time passes.

Why?

• blackout
    blackout

We've become too engrossed with what's on the surface and have lost the ability and the courage to be open and honest with our feelings.

JMO

BO

• ISP
    ISP

yep, lots of folk.......but that does not mean they know how to get on. If family ties were stronger, there would be less of a problem.

ISP

• Brummie
    Brummie
    why are there so many lonely people desperately searching for someone to love?

They are all just in the process of meeting eachother, each has different standards, tastes, age etc so it can get time consuming, lol.

6 quatrillion people

You mean 6 billion right?

Brummie

• Francois
    Francois

Correctomundo. You take Atlanta, for instance. Zillions of single people. Everyone's looking; no one's finding. I don't understand it. But I do have a guess.

Women want men who look like they just stepped out of an underwear ad.

Men want women who look like they just stepped off the cover of Cosmo.

Unrealistic expectations. I think this may be a leading cause of the problem.

Or, you may be a one- or two- or more-time loser, and you're scared silly of getting into another bad relationship. And how would you know, starting out? The sexual urge and sexual attraction brings people together right enough. But what's to do when the fires burn low -- or out? Is there anything there that will keep the pair together after reality sets in?

Maybe people pair off to end the torment of being alone. It's tough being alone for lots of people; maybe the majority of people. When I was younger I didn't mind it so much. I was single (more or less) for ten years. But I was younger. Now I'm not so young. The idea of being alone doesn't have the attraction for me it used to hold.

If we could find an answer to this issue, we could put it up in cans and make millions of dollars.

My two cents.

francois

• wasasister
    wasasister
    Maybe people pair off to end the torment of being alone

Sweet Merciful God, I think that's the most depressing thing I've heard in a long time.

You want torment, try living with someone you can't stand the sight of. I'll take alone any old time.

Wasa/alone and not hating it

• acsot
    acsot
    Sweet Merciful God, I think that's the most depressing thing I've heard in a long time.

wasasister: that's hysterical! I've never been married, but had room-mates (read: pioneer partners) and many times it was hell on earth. Being alone does not equate with being lonely, although I'm not sure if I relish the idea of it for the rest of my life.

I do know, however, that it's hard to make a connection with people. Are we too busy in this urban, modern life of the 21st century? We connect through a computer easier than face-to-face (speaking personally ). I sometimes get tongue-tied in person (and I ain't no young chick!) but have an easier time writing my feelings down. How about dates where the couple just write to each other across the table?

Geez, I wish I had the answer.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well, Isn't this an interesting post, nearing midnight on the east coast of N.A.

Well JH of your 6 quatrillion people on this planet , I expect 3 quatrillion of those are in relationships. That leaves 3 quatrillion people who are not. Out of those I suspect 1/2 are in between relationships, ( you know..the I hate men/women thing ) leaving only 1.5 quatrillion people, who you can count as lonely. Of those 1.5 quatrillion, 1/2 are miserable SOB's who nobody would want to be in the same room with, ie Farkel. That then leaves only .75 quatrillion souls who are really lonely.

The majority of these belong to the JW's. Hey...why not ? They have no conscience, they have no feelings, they have no love............So many lonely people.

• heathen
    heathen

That's a real good question that people have been trying to find an answer too for a long time.People today are just afraid of commitment I think and building trust in a relationship seems to be one of the hardest things to do . I think of it as the live fast and die young generation.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

People need to develop emotional intelligence. I enjoy being alone. I can sit for hours and listen to people's conversation and not say a word. I can also be in a room of people and shut myself off. I guess I'm in my own little world, not lonely though.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit