Has Rutherford's 16-cylinder Cadillac been found?

by under the radar 26 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I wonder if you got in touch with the guy on the tv, or the producers, and enquired. The locations and timing seem to fit.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Seems a fit. Believers will not admit Rutherford had a caddy, let alone 2. The provenance would not add value like Humphrey Bogarts Deusy, or AL Capone car. It is fun to look at the craftsmanship in the video no matter what

There will still be serial numbers, instead of a VIN.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I made a public comment about its possible provenance on the video and sent a similar email to the car museum itself. I'll let y'all know if I hear anything back.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

He probably needed a cain to walk around to support the weight of his liver from all the imposed liquor on his internal organs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Last seen in Heaven in the book of Revelation................or was that the Arc (anagram of car).

No, that doesn't really work, Ark to Kar.

Oh, well I tried.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Key question. Was Rutherford's a V8, V12 or a V16. Do we know? Whatever it was it was a disgusting thing that a religious leader should run one, let alone 2 of these ostentatious cars. The rest of America was starving. The program underlines this.

That photo Rutherford posing next to the status symbol should do it for any one.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Good question, JFR’s may not have been a V16. The video said they made a V8 on the same body design. Even so, the image published in a WT publication during the depression says a lot about him and his sense of entitlement.

for the record, $6500 in 1930 equates to around $135,000-140,000 today.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

There are several threads on here about Rutherford and his Cadillacs. I just searched for "Cadillac" and several came up. Lots of good information.

I hope someone eventually finds records with the Cadillacs' serial numbers, order information, etc. I've been told cars weren't issued VIN numbers until the 50s, but I would think the bodies and engines had serial numbers. Maybe some insider could check the historical files hidden away at Warwick or wherever. I seriously doubt the Borg would have destroyed those records.

• karter
    karter

Thgere is a few photos of him beside the car online if you could blow them up and see the rego plate that may help.

Karter

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

FYI: Rutherford didn't just have 1 16-cyl Caddy, he had TWO!!!!!!!

Both were actually donated to him by some rich JW benefactor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit