An elder bought my son a suit

by Clambake 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hey clambake, you can buy pacifiers with moustaches on them, would look great with the suit 😉

Tell the guy he only wears his moustache pacifier with his new suit, and he'll counsel you to stop dressing the baby in the suit.

You gotta fight fire with fire with these people. Beat them at their own game.

• JustMe2
    JustMe2
    And of course a baby-business-suit must be accessorized with wingtip booties...

...with BLACK wingtip booties.

But NO colorful socks.

• Laika
    Laika

Has he tried it on yet? I bet he'd look adorable

• Billy ex Blaze
    Billy ex Blaze
    I think whether it's inappropriate or not depends on the relationship this elder has with your family doesn't it?
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Give the elder one of those t-shirts that has a tuxedo front printed on, LOL!

Marina

• Listener
    Listener
    What's next? Will they open a bank account for his college education, I mean for his pioneering fund?
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Giggling over the idea of getting the Elder a onesie.

Really though, probably they only meant kindness, just it was off the chart, and 'wrong'.

At the same time - there was an underlying 'thing' - and it's about their sense of 'ownership' - your baby boy is one of 'theirs' in their eyes. They want to dress him like 'one of theirs' - and to them, it's life saving love they are showing.

Don't forget that - :-)

So hard to find a balance here......

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Give him the benefit of the doubt. He may not mean anything other than he wants to give something to the baby. He may be like many of us, clumsy at gift giving.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Don't give the idiot the satisfaction of knowing he got to you. If your child goes to the meeting make sure he is in his comfiest sleeper or onesie. Give the suit to whoever else has the next baby in the congregation, he will then know you didn't appreciate the gift without your saying anything. Sometimes the slow burn is best.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

Billy

I have never met the guy.

Man, am I going to have some fights on my hands when he gets older.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit