by sove 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Here is that Self-Aware NPC video! Damage Control

Atlantis!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Is this unprecedented?

Ive never heard of the Borg cancelling their videos on the threshold of convention season before.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I just saw a post on the first page of Reddit saying that somebody leaked those two shunning videos to another ex-JW site.

I was thinking that even if the religion were to ever soften or change its stand on shunning - what does that do for people who have been shunned for decades? People are not a light switch that can just be flicked on and off. Damage has been done and people have moved on.. Even if somebody forgave people who shunned them doesn’t mean they are going to have a relationship with them!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The shunning policy along with the blood doctrine and a stone-aged 2 witnesses rule cannot just disappear overnight.

Some of the most evil and enforced control measures of a cult or Ponzi scheme that rakes in billions $$$

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The videos show the lie that they donr break up families.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This is where you have any man-made organization claiming 2 opposing arguments

Its man-made. Plain and simple. Getting caught lying.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The two deleted videos.

Links below for the 2 deleted videos.
    files.accessjw.org/s/Q8A9w9Zk9YpiDgb
    files.accessjw.org/s/PHd55t97xddrGG2
    Credit goes to Lester
    Atlantis!
  • LV101
    LV101

Beth Sarim - on previous page are you referring to JWs being "incensed" re/all the begging for money? Are they actually allowed to express disgust?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When I said "incensed" on a different thread, I could have meant disillusioned,, or depressed or something. You know all these changes, doctrinal changes with the "end"" not "here" yet.

I cant remember exactly what I was referring to,,it was a few days ago.

But it was along those lines.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"The shunning policy along with the blood doctrine and a stone-aged 2 witnesses rule cannot just disappear overnight."

The problem that I have with the organization is that they are pharisees. They have added rules where they are none.

The law on blood is only found in Genesis 9:4. It contains nothing on the medical use of blood. The governing body adding that makes it their law and not God's law.

Disfellowshipping is completely from the apostles with references back to Israel under the Law. It is all about the congregations rather than anything from Jesus.

I'm not opposed to the two witness rule. Considering that the 9th command says to not testify falsely against someone and there are many other laws showing that Jehovah knows that humans lie and commit perjury against others shows that it is needed.

And considering Blackstone's ratio "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer", was a legal principle since 1760s, the two witness rule is necessary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit