Regional convention 2023

by sove 33 Replies latest jw friends

• DNCall
    DNCall

I don't believe the promotional video above was created without thought to featuring caucasian models and having it narrated by a man with a Northern European accent. Are countries with predominantly white populations being targeted here? I would imagine most of us can think of reasons why this would be advantageous to WT, mostly monetary.

• blondie
    blondie

They used to change the covers of the Awake and WT to show people from that language area. They don't do that any more?

• sove
    sove

Thanks guys. So no one have access to the full version released through JW Stream?

• skin
    skin

Im sure there will be a Disclaimer saying that we are now allowed to share these links, that you can only request the online access links from the elders for your personal use only.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    They used to change the covers of the Awake and WT to show people from that language area. They don't do that any more?

Here in the UK we used to get Our Kingdom Ministry in English English as opposed to US English. (For Britain it said). Long gone, they can print stuff in a thousand different languages including Welsh, but cannot manage anything in English!

George

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. I understand they used to change the Awake and WT center folds with faces and races of a certain race,,,,for a certain geographical area.

Back in the day. Many moons ago.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Wow...the video sounds like it is speaking to pre-schoolers! I am shocked how dumbed down these messages have become. They are a far cry from the meatier (though wrong) talks about Revelation and Ezekiel! I am shocked that there are any old school JW's still attending this simplistic gibberish!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Regional Convention 2023, Exercise Patience! Convention - Full

The convention was recorded in low quality but still watchable.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Apparently removing videos from the 2023 regional convention in damage control mode.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Check out Self Aware NPC and Rion Cult Tastic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit