Another ruse?

by Pistoff 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Could be "fund buffering"
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Too serious & dramatic to be a ruse; maybe the Org's money-wizards (lol) have calculated that present creditors, - hedge funds etc. - combined with future ones - paedophile victims & legal costs - are putting the WTBTS on the 'Endangered Species' list!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

postoff - "Could the stopping of construction be just another ruse to squeeze money from the rank and file?"

Honestly, I don't think the WT leadership is sophisticated enough to implement ruses.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    It doesn't make sense a rule, the rank and file are stupid an not informed. Most will never know the construction has stopped. Most never new about the royal commission. If your going to do something to get more money from the r&f there's better ways.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

I agree that this is not a ruse, just looking for ways that they might be misrepresenting it.

They seem to be incapable of telling the truth about their motives.

If this is real, and it seems to be, I have to wonder what the end result is.

• clarity
    clarity

Isn't this project built on polluted ground ....with a lawsuit pending? Maybe it is so contaminated that it will be condemned and no one allowed to be on that land ...... maybe at this point it would just be throwing good money after bad to continue! ......OR maybe they knew about the contamination all along and this is just another chance to make money on the lawsuit! Of course whether or not the contamination would be hazardess to the health of the R&F would be beside the point ......they only worry about themselves.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150608/NEWS/150609481

clarity

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As I said in another thread, I'm kinda scratching my head a bit over the "brazenness" of the announcement; they could have implemented the decision much more quietly.

Maybe they're trying to get out ahead of the rumor mill?

• prologos
    prologos

wasn't the british bethel construction site a car wrecker operation, and they need it back for all the VW diesels coming?

seriously,

Perhaps their projections show, that just like the WT, nobody is going to need that kind of a complex, and resale value will be zilch, so better to sell now, while the selling is good, the demolition cost minimal?

• done4good
    done4good

Pistoff - Could the stopping of construction be just another ruse to squeeze money from the rank and file?

It will certainly generate buzz like nothing else.

Maybe, but if it is nothing more than a ruse, it is a very desperate one...

d4g

• Patrick45
    Patrick45
    Chapter11 announcement next week??? not probable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit