• flower
    flower
    What is YOUR life like?

It stinks.

Thanks for askin.

• animal
    animal

Actually, I think Moe did a great job here:

She baited us with non-information, assuming she was looking for some attention. We responded in like, and then she tells us how wrong we are to tell her to think positive. Now, had we known it wasnt the usual "I got a splinter" thread, maybe we would have responded differently? I dont know.

Good job!

Animal

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Whew! Glad to know that all is well in Amanda's world.

I'm am so sorry about your ex-husband's sister. My God, what some people have to endure in this life. In fact, it is people like her that I truly admire. Those that have to live in, and witness, things that are unimaginable and still manage to hang on to their goodness and their humanity. For what it is worth, give her huge(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) from me.

Andee

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I hear ya, Moe, and it sucks.

But I see people worse off than me all the time, so it keeps me grateful to some degree. The guy who works for me got polio a few months before the vaccine came out. Too bad for him. He's crippled and getting more crippled all the time. Such a good person, screwed for life.

Also, I keep in mind 50,000 or so children die every day from malnutrition and related causes. That's a big pile of bodies every day. It puts tragedy in perspective for me most of the time. I don't dwell on it because there is nothing to be gained by it.

I highly recommend you read a book about a man who found a way to cope while trying to survive a Nazi concentration camp. It's called "Man's Search For Meaning." It opened my mind to ways of coping with the crap I have had to deal with and how to get through it with a different perspective.

Moe, I get the impression you would love to protect your ex sister in law from the hell she's going through, but none of us can do that. I know you know that already. It's depressing to see friends and close family suffer. The only way we deal with it is by focusing on whatever positives we can. That way we welcome grace into our lives, and also, we don't get in our own way as much. You can give her your love and support and be there for her. She's lucky to have someone like you that understands and empathizes with her. But when it all comes down to it, she'll have to play the set of cards dealt to her the best she can....like the rest of us.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Moe:Well I'm so glad you doing OK but I'm so sad that your exsister-in-law is dealing with such a horrible horrible thing. She has had so much pain in such a short time, what can anyone say to ease such pain

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Moe!!! How horrible for your sister in law... It will live with her all her life. What can anyone say to help that situation except .WHY? I cant even answer that!!! When my 3 kids died I asked Why? No I didnt get him answering me IN PERSOn - But I do believe He sees the future- Maybe my kids couldnt have taken what would have been in their future -Your sister-in-law I am sure will be used to help others

I have learned in my many years -that experiences we suffer -we can either put to good use- or sit & feel sorry about it. Like the two kids running down the road- they both fall over -one gets up looks around to see if anyone saw them- & runs on- the other lays & cries till some one picks em up. She will be the one who gets up I am sure ...(((hug)).

• Jade
    Jade

Basically pretty happy: I have a good husband, great kid, great brother & sister & dad.

.....just too hectic though. Not enough hours in the day for all the things I want to do.

Jade

• Urpi
    Urpi

Moe,

I know life can be a very sad and exhausting battle, so I try to be happy with the simple things I have. I hoard up in my hart moments that I know they soon might be gone: a simple conversation with my old father, my baby's smile, a beautiful sunset, hearing my sons speaking, walking with my husband. I think that happiness is made of small moments and simple things.

Urpi

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

It amazes me how great my life has been and still is!

• blackout
    blackout

My motto is its not what happens to you in life that makes it good or bad, its how you respond to what happens to you.

and as they say in 'The life of Bryan' "Lifes a piece of sh#t when you look at it, but dont worry, just sing this little tune, Always look on the bright side of life, teedoo, teedooteedoo, teee doo"

BO

Edited to add: Mr Moe when I first posted this I hadn't read the whole thread, Im really sorry for your ex sister in law, that is really crappy and horrible. I cant imagine what she is going through, but I know when I found my beloved dog of 10 years mangled on the road, that stayed with me for so long, I kept getting flash backs. It would be horrendous to find your father in that condition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit