What is YOUR life like?

by MrMoe 41 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Do you generally have things made for you, things set and life generally go your way? Or is everything is a battle and a major fight for survival? Just curious.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Poor MOE!!!! I know you have had a hard time of life( especially love life) but all I can say is I think everyone has some kind of a stuggle with life- I personally suffer daily with great pain from rheamatoid arthrites-- but since leaving the Borg- ( or being chucked out) I am amazed at how my life is. I have a clean bed! food in my fridge - a roof over my head & many many true friends. I have lost my daughter & kids to the Borg- but I have so many other "kids" who say I am their Granny. That I cannot remember all their names. Now I realize I am old so life is not such a challange to me as it is to you young ones- what with all the things out there to tempt one- Sex- booze- drugs- etc: I am sure if I was a youngster in this day & age I might have succumbed to one of those ( I did the sex thing at 15 & got pregnant- I lost the baby in the war) but Just look at what you HAVE got-!!! people who do care about you- I do hope you have a roof- bed- car- all the things that make life bearable. But I do think it is sometimes feels like the "roof is falling in"but most of what happens is a "learning" experience ... Hang in there sweetie -life has its ups & downs. but I do believe there are better things ahead.....Just because THEY ( Borg) taught us lies -dont mean that the TRUTH is not out there it is.......((((((((HUG))))

• ugg
    ugg

for me,,,,,it is a fight for survival......

• Eppie
    Eppie

First of all mouthy: i feel for you, i just studied rheumatoid arthritis again in class today (Im a med student) and it doesn't sound very nice...i'm happy you still have the strength to post here regularly.

As to the question: in general things go the way I want them to go, except of course for the whole JW thing, but I must say that is getting better as well. Of course not all goes my way, people die, friends move, my boyfriend lives in another country , but overall I cannot complain, Im living the happy student life and i just regularly remind myself what my life would be like when i was still a JW: probably a 21-yr-old-mom with two babies, running around to go to the meetings in time, without a career and true friends. So everything is great compared to that!

Eppie

• JH
    JH
    Does life generally go your way?

Some times yes, and other times, it will NEVER go my way.

In life you will have certain things that others don't have, and things that others do have, you will never get.

I think that from birth, a certain road is traced, and we can't do much about it. It will be a up hill battle all life long.

Is life going my way? NO, not at all. But my foundation is strong, and I sap my energy from there.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Eppie !Thanks ((((hugs))Yes it is very painful & embarrising- one day I cant walk, the next day I cant use my hands _Thank God my head is still intact(((( No comment 's from the peanut gallery please

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

There's good stuff and bad stuff, but it's never boring and I choose to focus on the good stuff.

Nina (of the glass-is-half-full class)

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

((((((Ugg))))) you are a survivor!!

Since I got out of the cult, things have gone pretty smoothly,except for my love life

• rocketman
    rocketman

For me, it's a combo of both. I can feel some things going against me. But, I do have reason to count blessings too.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Mouthy - What a precious you are... *hugs mouthy and plants a kiss on her hand*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit