Study Watchtower confirms shunning spiritually weak. How nice!

by Isambard Crater 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caves
    caves

They have always had this stance.

I wonder how many "spirtually weak" individuals in the cong just needed love that was denied to them because of this awful teaching? Plenty.

Isolated within an isolated minority group. How disgusting.

• caves
    caves

Darkknight757-Wouldn’t the spiritually weak benefit from association with spiritually strong people? Most of “Christendom’s” churches recognize that.

And most all physiologist, therapist,and any one with half a brain ...the very basic of all human needs... to be loved and excepted.

• Incognito
    Incognito

During a circuit assembly now prob 20 years ago, an elder giving a part said that he and his family only associate with those that are stronger in the truth than they are. He was promoting that everyone in attendance adopt a similar attitude.

My thought at the time was this elder should be happy not everyone has that same attitude otherwise, no one would associate with his family since they are weaker in comparison to the JWs they hang-out with.

• asp59
    asp59

Compare to jesus everyon around him was spiritualy weak. He still hang around Them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just another compelling part of the brainwashing the WTS does to people, even though the organization is formulated from corrupt lying false prophets via its top controlling leaders.

In the structured ideology of the JWS, commercialized false Prophets are spiritually strong, non-false Prophets who don't sell their false prophecies are spiritually weak and are to be avoided.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Part of our very own family limits their association with us. They have for years. Even when we still attended. ONLY the most uber of the uber get invited to family events. Oh well, we are very generous gift givers and quite frankly very nice people! Their loss!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

The literature "talks" this way because it's an effective way of dividing people.

But it does leave me wondering how "weak" people feel when they're sitting in the hall and the literature is obviously talking about them. Does it make them feel loved and respected? Do they now feel motivated to make a stand for "the truth"? Do they feel encouraged? I very much doubt it.

I have not heard of anyone who has been subjected to this kind of negativity who has then felt inclined to turn their life around.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Watchtower confirms shunning the spiritually weak.

Just another example that JWs shoot their wounded.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater
    steve2, I felt like a piece of dirt when the Watchtower was discussing "me".
  • sir82
    sir82

I have not heard of anyone who has been subjected to this kind of negativity who has then felt inclined to turn their life around.

Bingo!

People who are "spiritually weak" are often the ones who take "the truth" the most seriously. They seriously believe the hype that they are supposed to always do more, more, more, "for Jehovah", and they know they aren't doing as much as other people are, and that depresses them, and so they do even less, which depresses them more, etc.

Meanwhile, the ones they look up to, the "spiritually strong", are very often cynically "playing the game" and putting up appearances while in fact not really believing in it at all (but lapping up the adulation that goes with being a "star").

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit