The most absurd reason have you heard someone disfellowshipped for ?

by Chook 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

For engaging in private consensual sexual activity - absurd that an adult who consents to sexual activity with another adult would be shunned by a religious organization for doing so.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'll bet a lot here almost got disfellowshipped for using your brian. I know that's what almost happened to me.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Disassociating ones self.....come on it's exactly the same punishment as DFing.

When my wife and I left in the mid 1960's they never shunned the person who stopped attending. Nor was anything said about shunning that person. It was natural that one's JW social life and friends would change but one's family stayed the same. You could talk openly with your family though not about their 'Truth'. We visited with both sides of our family and they got to be in our children's life and we in their normal life sans the JW part.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Quite a few years ago a JDub woman I know was divorced from her never JW husband. The eldurrs gave her their permission to remarry "scripturally". The only thing was, she declined the advances of one of their MS sons and then started dating a different JDub who didn't have any position. The rejected eldurr's son whined about it and her ex-husband [one of the son's drinking buddies] said he wished he had her back. She was promptly DF'd for not going back to her non JDub husband.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Lap dances. Df'd, gave wife scriptural grounds, and she divorced him. Wife was treated like the victim of scandal and husband ostricized like a leper.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Chook

I agree with you 100%

No idea why I would get 2 negatives? I was an elder for 2 decades, I think my opinion on this isn't crazy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Chook - "The most absurd reason have you heard someone disfellowshipped for?"

"Apostraphe".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ttdtt - "...most elders do not want to DF people."

Ten, twenty years ago, maybe.

Now, though?

• undercover
    undercover
    Speeding (and refusing to tell the JC how fast he was cited for on the ticket)

c'mon, I ain't buying that one. I'd have been DFd every year of my 20s if they DFd for speeding (and not 'confessing')

• VW.org
    VW.org

I personally haven't heard of any absurd reason. But I reckon Steven Lett should be disfellowshipped for simulating giving oral sex will giving a talk. The way he flings his tongue around and uses his lips is pure immorality

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit