The most absurd reason have you heard someone disfellowshipped for ?

by Chook 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

There are pretty clear guidelines for DFing - and most elders do not want to DF people.
    COs and the Branch review DFings - so things that the WT does not consider valid don't really happen.

If someone says they got DFed for masturbating or going to a club - they are probably not telling you the whole story.

• Chook
    Chook

In the old days some were DF'd for some strange things, remember oral sex was banned.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Vaping (electronic cigarettes)

Speeding (and refusing to tell the JC how fast he was cited for on the ticket)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some of the stories on here are hard to believe. ....Sorry, but ????????

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

An elders baptized Daughter in India got married to a non JW. She and her father was dis fellowshipped due to this. Her father was accused of being present in the church premises during that NON-JW wedding.

This got me infuriated, even when I was an active JW. I wrote an email about this to the concerned elders in the congregation but with no response.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You can be df’d for eating a ham sandwhich if 3 elders agree on it. That said, i never heard if anyone being df’d for anything that would come as a supprise, never served on a committee that was “unusual” by jw standards. Almost always sex, once or twice drug use. Very hard to see 3 elders df’ing someone over a speeding ticket... but if they already had a grudge against that person i suppose its possible... maybe

• John Davis
    John Davis

Speeding ticket would be if someone is known for reckless driving or who habitually speed to a dangerous level. The thought is that you don't recognize the sanctity of life and you are putting your life as well as others people lives at danger. That is why Witnesses don't go sky diving or bungee jumping.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yea like i said its possible. You could df someone for eating a ham sandwhich if you really wanted.... but theres more to it than witness A got a speeding ticket and then was df’d. Theres a lot more to it.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

For reasons still unknown.

My dad was disfellowshipped. The didn't tell him why, but I was told that one of the elders in the congregation told a group at a get together that it was for apostasy. One year later he was re-instated at the urging of the congregation presiding overseer.

Until this very day some 25 years later, my father still doesn't know the actual reason he was disfellowshipped.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I know of two instances where people were df for attempted suicide. Talk about compassion, unbelievable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit