What JW Subjects Interest You The Most On This Site? What Doesn’t??

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Like badcompany said: "I have mostly come here to escape politics. If I want politics I have dozens of sites to go to." There have been way too many topics on politics for quite a while now. Because of this, this site has become somewhat boring the past few years and we have lost some great posters who have been here for years because of this.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

American politics has permeated the world and even JW. Extreme politics has become a religious cult and people that want to escape cults and avoid lies about the world happen to be aligned with the original goal of this website too.

If you try to escape politics of today by burying your head in the sand, they will come for you too, if they haven’t already. People are getting fired from their job and being shunned by their family and friends for not saying the right things and unless you “sing the songs” and “give the talks” and “spread the message with family and friends" you are already being “marked” (silence is violence).

Many people cannot openly go on other sites and speak their mind as it could be traced back to their employers, family and others that do not agree, even if it doesn’t they will block you from speaking completely. Some people that are fortunate enough can leave their home state, get employed by conservative or small businesses, but many cannot yet escape without being shunned. I think it’s our moral obligation to speak out however we can.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Frankly, my interest in JW subjects is fading (like me, haha). I just have a hard time caring anymore about what they are doing. In the past I wanted to "keep up" with JW World due to family involvement plus it's fun to watch them squirm in an effort to squeeze out of past failed prophecies, but I think I'm hopefully moving on to becoming an "ex-exJW"

• bsmart
    bsmart

I find that if I can find an old poster or thread that I like I can click on that poster and find viewpoints interesting to me. I follow through that thread a lot of subjects. I could go to search the sites information base and come up with stuff but it is almost easier to google it with the websites name and the subject. I like to say google is your friend.

If I didnt have family still "in" I would let go of this site; but because of the political bias on some threads but have learned to leave the thread almost immediately or I get too stressed.

• minimus
    minimus

This site has so much information about JW subjects. You can repeat them every so often but it can become boring to talk about 1914 all the time or how Elder so and so was mean to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit