What JW Subjects Interest You The Most On This Site? What Doesn’t??

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I like subjects that delve into the history of the religion and proofs that the Witnesses are not the true religion. I’m not so much into apologists saying we need to go to meetings, especially if the poster looks like a scammer trying to get ex JWs going.

What subjects interest you ? Which do you tend to skip over?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

These days, there is so much American politics and unrelated stuff on here that I am glad for any topic that is actually discussing J W s or the Watchtower Society.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    I like subjects that delve into the history of the religion and proofs that the Witnesses are not the true religion.

That is what made me join fifteen years ago.

After 21 years that this site has been in existence, it gets more difficult to chop, dissect, expose and reveal the false history of the Watchtower Society. Things get interesting and dull on this site. That's what I like about it. I look every day to see what interests me... start a topic, reply, read the posts or skip it entirely.

• minimus
    minimus

In 20 years this site has discussed every JW subject. They still continue to talk about the religion. As ex JWs we see the world as not only related to Witness World. Life goes on. Other subjects in life are considered. We don’t have to be confined in our thinking. The world is a big interesting place.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Talking about Jw and Watchtower World is a reminder of how easy we can get sucked into or held hostage to a delusion. We hope our family and friends that are still asleep by this fairytale wake up to the fact that it is all a fraud for control and for sure money. Is comical their stuff they put out in which we use to believe.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

in 20 years this site has discussed every JW subject.

Which is why JW subjects bore me.

When I left at 18---actually sooner but I couldn't leave home, I never looked back. Once I figured out what the Watchtower was ---- just another religion, I figured it wasn't worth my time to continue to delve in it.

Instead I educated myself on how reality works. Whether people like it or not, Politics and how the economy works in your country determines whether you will be poor and struggle for life just to make ends meet, or rich and able to retire by the time you hit your 30s. I chose to learn politics and economics. And I topped it off with Science and law.

• minimus
    minimus

Pistol, if JW Subjects bore you why are you here? Just asking

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i like reading any news about the watchtower being tn trouble.

• JeffT
    JeffT

When I first came in here twenty years or so ago, I was interested in history of the org and prophetic statements. Now I'm more interested in the culture of JW's, how they think and act. I'm working on a pair of novels about a cult (of my own invention, which shows how easy it is to do). This site helps me remember what i was like.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

I am glad you did what you did, even though it’s the rare few who can retire in their thirties. At that young age most are just getting into their careers. Economics is important though for people finding their way out of JW fantasy world. You have to know how the world works in order to navigate it.

I was already working and in the ‘world’ when I got into the religion. I was appalled at the ignorance and sleep mode I was surrounded by in the hall.

With regard to retirement, most people are grateful that they can retire at ALL when they reach actual retirement age and thankfully I planned for this and never listened to anybody’s foolish talk to the contrary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit