How well do you REALLY know the Organisation?

by gumby 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Gumby! REALLY knowing the Organization well would require that the new arrivals do research and put on their thinking caps so as to be able to answer questions like these:

# 1:In what year was the Watchtower Organization begun?

# 2:Was the Organization started by one man or a group of men?

# 3:The Watchtower Society claims that it is the sole channel of God's communication to the earth.On what basis did Charles Russell make such a claim? Did Russell get revelations directly from heaven telling him what to teach?

Did the teachings ever have to be changed? Any of his predictions that did not come true?

Did you personally read any of his works in their entirety?

Who were Russell,Rutherford,Knorr,Franz and the current president now. And so on and so on.Just some basic stuff when learning about the society's history.I'm sure you could add more.

The average jw can't be taking the time to ask or research this material.They are on the road to paradise where you can live forever!

So,how well do you REALLY know the Organization ? 34 yrs ago my answer would of been,whatever the TRUTH BOOK says! Today I know them REAL WELL, REALLY! IT TOOK ME THE LAST TWO YRS. OF THE 34 TO REALLY KNOW THE ORGANIZATION! Now I'm doing whatever I can to help others know also.

Blueblades , Good thread, many lives could of been saved much pain and sorrow avoided if only??????? we would of known.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

gumby,

Excellent comments in this thread.

The WTS hasn't brought it up lately, but by their last official methods, the earth must be between 47,876 and 47,999.99 years old.

Gamaliel

• gumby
    gumby

Blueblades,

The average jw can't be taking the time to ask or research this material.They are on the road to paradise where you can live forever!

This point has ALWAYS been true in a Jehovahs Witness life. For a person to study all the assigned material for the average week.....leaves little time to re-search anything else. There were always only a handful in any given congregation....who were into studying.....beyond what was expected. Most never even came close to studying the weelkly assigned material and many that did.....rushed through it.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit