How well do you REALLY know the Organisation?

by gumby 22 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Many times a new one will post a question to what the witnesess teach on a matter or will simply make a statement. Many times you have to wonder where they get their ideas from as regards to what the society teaches on a matter.

Many times they are simply wrong, or have the understanding twisted. One example was in another thread in which statements were made that the society teaches the earth is only 6000 years old. Other comments followed in which others agreed.

I guess my point is.....it seems that later generations of dubs are losing what once seemed to be doctrinal importance.

I don't think the average modern day dub is as sharp as to all the teachings accociated with the Organisation as the earlier generations. After being away for 7 years it seems things are changing within it's ranks as far as the above mentioned.

See what happens when I left.....everything went to hell

Gumby

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

I think the official teaching is, that the earth is millions of years old,
    but they still believe, that 6000 yrs of man existance ended in 1975.
    Am I right?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the earth is millions of years old,

Yes

that 6000 yrs of man existance ended in 1975

The jury's out on that one!! They simply don't talk about it any more, so "out of sight, out of mind"!!

Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

They simply don't talk about it any more, so "out of sight, out of mind"!!

They must not talk about "many things" anymore as many seem unfamiliar with dub teachings.

I read once that the MOST that are now associated with the organisation .....have been in for 10 years or less. If this is the case, it would account for the lack of understanding many have on the Organisation they left.

Gumby

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

Yes, they dont talk officialy about 1975 but I heard elders
    talking, how 6000 yrs ended in 1975 and that we just dont
    know, how old adam was, when god created eve...was he
    maybe 30 yrs old (just like jesus, when he stated his work)?
    that would mean, armageddon is coming in 2005, 91 yrs
    after 1914...but as I hear from JW's, the end IS MUCH CLOSER.
    many are speculating, that possible war in iraq will be the
    beginning of the end...

• Francois
    Francois

I think that now they've chased away all the people who are guilty of independent thinking, they're scraping the bottom of the intellectual barrel. There's nothing left to them now but the dregs; you know, the type of people who - if they read in the WT to arm themselves and go 'round shooting people as they left church on Sunday morning - they'd do it without question.

Dangerous times.

francois

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy
    Many times they are simply wrong, or have the understanding twisted.

They said Satan would be working overtime near the end.He must be confusing them.Yeah ...thats it, It's Satan!!

Sarcasim aside....Gumby you have some good points.

• gumby
    gumby

they're scraping the bottom of the intellectual barrel. There's nothing left to them now but the dregs;

LOL Francois!

Do you mean to tell me that all the smart bastards that were in the borg are now on this forum......and only the REAL idiots are still stuck in the mud? I think your right

(gumby pictures in his head the bottom of the dregs, yardsale clothes wearin, cross eyed, slobberin dubs mumbling door to door)

• minimus
    minimus

The LITE coming out of Watchtower is so shady, how would anyone know what they're trying to say. One Watchtower will say something. A publication in the same year will say the opposite. the WT. will say you can vote. The CO says you can vote, but not here. There's more earthquakes. This proves we're in the last days. Another source says eartquakes prove nothing. How the hell is anybody supposed to know anything when the direction is so aimless?

• Gopher
    Gopher

"but as I hear from JW's, the end IS MUCH CLOSER. Many are speculating, that possible war in iraq will be the beginning of the end..."

OH my goodness, izobcenec!! I thought that when they all were declaring PEACE, then the end would be near!

Now I'm confused. Not really... I know they'll jump on any major world event, positive or negative, as the latest "reason" to anticipate Armageddon.

After all, this is an Armageddon-based organization. They live for that gruesome day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit