Witness memory

by Descender 22 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The incredible expanding day: It started as 1000 years. Then when it became apparent that this was just stupid, it went to 7000 years. This was the science that I was raised on. Then when it became apparent that this too was just stupid, it became "indeterminate". The 7000 years has never actually been altered, just quietly abandoned.

As far as I can remember, they have never said that the earth was a specific age, because the creative days begin with the heavens and earth already in place. However, the earth was formless and void at the beginning of the first creative day. All living things, including plants and animals were shoehorned into those tiny days.

As dinosaurs were explained to me, (and this was just someone's conjecture), during the early part of creation, the earth was lush and tropical. God created these huge creatures to serve as bulldozers, making room for smaller animals. Then, when they were no longer needed for God's purpose, they were allowed to die off. I was told that dinosaurs existed before humans, but they were no where near as old as science says they are, because every JW knows that radio carbon dating doesn't work, due to the different conditions existing before the flood.

Yes, it was like living in a cartoon.

• Descender
    Descender

Well, that particular x-friend of mine is now a ministerial servant in the congregation I was in back then. I was disfellowshipped twice and everytime I saw him in public, he looked at me like I was dirt under his feet. At one point he thought he saw my in-laws walk into the same resturaunt that he'd seen my wife and I walk into. My wife and I were both disfellowshipped at the time and my in-laws were witnesses. He never saw us together mind you, but his conscience hurt him so bad that he had to run to his car and call an elder in the congregation and say that he'd seen us together, which he hadn't.

Anyway, I'm now reinstated once again and he was one of the main reasons, along with the non-loving climate and false doctrines I found out about, that I've faded from the JW religion. I saw him, his wife, and his sister at a movie awhile back when my wife and I were still attending meetings, and they sat right beside us because those were the only seats available and they didn't say a word to us, just gave us some really dirty looks, and we weren't df'd anymore at that time. Just kind of got on my nerves. This being the same friend that hung out with all of us back then, openly went to R-rated movies, rented X-rated movies and watched them with a group of JW girls, went to clubs, I even hung out with him and smoked some pot back in my bad rebellious JW years. I'm a better person now than I ever was back in those days when he was happy to be my friend. Some things don't make sense.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

RunningMan; I actually asked Schroeder of the GB that question, why the dinosaurs and why they are no longer around, and what you point at, is the reply he gave me - that they were bulldozers, shovelling the vegetation around, and that when they died, their carcasses made up plenty of good food for the other animals, who were to survive and coexist with human beings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit