Am I to understand this right, sales and acquisition of halls and remodeling must now be approved by the "branch" not locally?

by LevelThePlayingField 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I believe ever since the new mortgage forgiveness on KHs earlier in 2014 was the new system. That was the LDS construction system implemented so the Borg now how all control over its assets, not how it was previously with the RBC system.

Theres accounts of some KHs which have 2 auditoriums where only 1 is used. And the 1 auditorium which is NOT used sits empty apparently which needs renovations, or repairs and it is not being done. Up until the last year and a half or so, they really worked hard on keeping all KHs and Assembly Halls locally in tip-top shape, and used to the fullest. But to have 1 auditorium sitting vacant and not being maintained, weird.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Searcher - "Let the sheep spend more and travel longer distances!"

Hey, anything that makes it easier for faders, fakers, and fence-sitters to f**k off, I'm all for. :smirk:

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Yes, the Branch has inherited the Kingdom. Don't know how long it will last, though.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Recently a young brother and sister, who attended the "school for kingdom evangelizers", were reassigned by the branch from 'preaching' to doing the LDC thing! Local Design and Construction. They have been traveling throughout California conducting 2 day seminars at various KH's to help train brothers how to better maintain KH's. According to them, the main thrust of the training is to help the locals understand how better maintenance will extend the life of a KH. For instance, according to the information that they shared with us over a nice dinner, by extending the life (or even the need to remodel) a KH for just one year will save the organization about $80 million a year.

So the maintenance of KH's is now being taken over by the branch and will not the sole responsibility of the local congregation. Less time in preaching and more time maintaining the physical assets of the borg! Big brother is coming to help!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• truthlover
    truthlover

Sorry to day but the halls in this area are almost overflowing most days.. a differenet picture than at least 8 months ago.. we were only getting about 50% and it looked dire but now, some thing is changing.. don't ask me what

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit