My wife made a very wordly comment the other night

by Clambake 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Some of these big pioneers have often said, ''you know, I don't really have to or want to work you know''.

What an example.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Clambake, right on. I will add though that I've found that commenting on my wife's double standards usually puts her in a dubenzy (dub frenzy) of spirituality but not saying anything keeps the cult personality away.
  • kaik
    kaik
    In Czech Republic, you get 28 to 37 weeks. Under communism in the 1970's it was up to 100 weeks, but the money decreased depending on the length of the maternity leave.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I have heard pioneers and Elders make comments that the Australian Govt . is stupid , so take what they offer and use it to serve kingdom interests.

smiddy

• Stirred
    Stirred
    I recall a pioneer who was separated from husband and with kids continued to pioneer when I was still study ing. At first I admired her, then when divorced she continued to try and pioneer while being in dire circumstances. I started to wonder why she clings to pioneering and puttng her kids in such a position if she could improve situation by working. I worked full time...long hours and wasn't I still acceptable. Since I was a convert, I guess this situation was new to me. Later at a CA she had a part and stated that she always prayed for help to continue pioneering and her prayers were answerd when, for example, one day she found groceries on her doorstep...attributed it to Jehovah. She also was on food stamps, welfare and stipend from ex, but that as not mentioned on from platform. I was upset tthat she was set up as a great example for us all to follow....This kept me from baptism for some time as I pondered but probably so distracted from work I didn't put it all together properly. I knew Paul worked to support himself. Why is it considerd so more righteous to pioneer if you cannot support yourself and must rely on handouts and government aide (paid for by tax-paying, working citizens)?
  • kaik
    kaik
    Many JWs live off welfare and social security benefit. My JW cousin is on disability from age 28.
  • kaik
    kaik
    double post
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sure maternity leave is great but I hear you have to wait in line in order to have a baby! Long lines for healthcare there and its sub standard. We can't have that here in the land of the free and the home of the brave!

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    I remember pioneers on welfare, and many others on unemployment benefits. Yup, they were encouraged not to do it, but they did it anyway. I even had a case where a young publisher took the food stamps of an auxiliary pioneer and was disciplined for it. Rather than go out and look for a job, (since jeehoober is the long term solution) - let's just preach instead and mooch of the "gub-ment" - made perfect sense to them!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    To her credit, my university-educated-but-nonetheless-loyal Witness mom thought that any JW kid who just wanted to finish high school and then pioneer indefinitely was a lazy-ass little punk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit