are there really 8 million jw's?

by wannaexit 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Calebs Airplane
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

From what I hear, the congregations are having poor attendance these days.

I think the figures are manipulated like every other thing in watchtower land. With all the lies the corporation tells, why would we believe the figures?

• Deltawave
    Deltawave
    Our cong has 80pubs we get about 40-50 to our meetings, mostly over 60years of age now... Few kids been born, no new converts and zero Bible studies from the carts lol
  • Half banana
    Half banana

If the numbers are true, it is no gage of the quality of its membership. How many are are there now just putting in time for the sake of looking active or one step below that, just reporting time without the effort for fear of reprisals.

Religions in the main are social affairs and to be a member and to belong somewhere is one of its perks.

Doctrine can be a take it or leave it thing. Perhaps to remain in business JW org will recognise this...but I hope they fail very publicly and completely.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i fail to see the significance of the numbers that make up jehovahs one true religion. its about point one % of the population isnt it ? but--out of mild curiosity how many are from the 3rd world countries ?
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I have honestly been wondering the last 2+ years how they are still claiming there is "huge growth". I think the numbers are actually flat, if not on a steady decline. Everything I see shows the opposite.

I remember as a kid clapping forever as the individuals getting baptized walked out the door. There were a lot. Now, maybe a handful at best get up.

Old people dying alone has to be hurting the numbers. Our hall has had negative growth with you just figure in the deaths that have happened! Factor in those that left, are DF, don't turn in time and you have a way lower number each year.

It is boggling my mind how they are claiming huge growth.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    i fail to see the significance of the numbers that make up jehovahs one true religion.

JW's love to flash numbers. Watch one of their broadcasts and see how many times they throw numbers at you to wow you.

When the numbers don't look good, "Only 8 survived the flood, Jah isn't a god of numbers!" Makes my head want to explode.

Biggest cherry picking organization I've ever seen. Use the old testament whenever possibly to justify harsh rules and then throw Jesus in there every now and then to promote love.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe it is mostly inflated. Back in the 1980s, the growth was real. In those days, you got congregations growing and people really believed in the religion. And there was a doctrine that was defensible--not the truth, but at least one could defend it.

Now, what you get are those who are so dumbed down with fluoride in the water, taking so many Seroquils, are grossly deficient in magnesium and B vitamins, crap education in school, and wasting time watching stupid rubbish on TV that they will believe anything. That is going to make for a lousy base for continuing with the religion. And there are children born in, that don't really believe in it or want to belong to such a repressive organization (that will get worse the more ice cream cones are denied in favor of Worldwide Damnation Fund donations), adding to the count.

The fake time slips are also reality. Do nothing, turn in a 1 or 2 hour time to avoid the "irregular" or "inactive" label, and you are counted in the group. Or, just go out for an hour and do nothing substantial, and be counted. Hounders can and do turn in fake time slips in behalf of those who report nothing.

I would think the number of those who, according to the washtowel theology, would stand a passing chance of making it into the new Dark Ages at closer to 2 million. Maybe even as low as 800,000.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    I would think the number of those who, according to the washtowel theology, would stand a passing chance of making it into the new Dark Ages at closer to 2 million. Maybe even as low as 800,000.

I agree. Their core, diehard members are probably under a million. 90% of my hall shows up now and then, goes out in service for social reasons. Anymore, most are in for the social reason. You took away service, I bet most would love that change.

Heck, you took away Thursday meetings, most would gasp in relief. You look around a Thursday meeting and you see a lot of tired, worn down people that look like they'd rather be a 100 other places.

I have never heard someone complain wishing they brought back the book study or lowered the pioneer hours. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If sitting on one's ass by a metal cart filled with WT crap is considered witnessing, then the numbers could go up. If driving around with 4-5 'pioneers' in a car going from one remote "call" to another remote "call" is considered witnessing, the numbers could go up. You get the picture right?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit