Special Pioneer Sister-in-Law and Husband just got their letter.

by cappytan 41 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yep...A mentally trapped person will try all sorts of mental gymnastics to try and reconcile the "strange and unusual" things they get dished up!
  • James Jack
    James Jack

I looked at 10 Kingdom Halls in our area and 9 of them had no Mortgage before the new arrangement, but had savings accounts with the Society.

Poor management of Funds I say, not lack of Donations!

• bobld
    bobld

I know someone can do a better job,but here goes.

It might be crazy what I'm about to say.

But I love it that the special pioneers lost their pay.

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you feel like they deserve it.

Here come bad news for bethelite from the GB.

No offense to you don't waste your time here's why.

Hey you are out are out of here.

Clap your hands

Oh I'm so happy does it not

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO
    bobld sang:18 minutes ago
    It might be crazy what I'm about to say.
    But I love it that the special pioneers lost their pay.
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you feel like they deserve it.
    Here come bad news for bethelite from the GB.
    No offense to you don't waste your time here's why.
    Hey you are out are out of here.
    Clap your hands
    Oh I'm so happy does it not

Veddy clevah...I like. ☺️

AMNESIAN (Captive 7/1972 - 2/2001)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Her comment was along the lines of, "They're having to do this because they forgave all those Kingdom Hall loans a few years ago and the brothers aren't donating anymore."

Who is the "They're" and "they" that she is referring to? Doesn't she mean "Jehovah is" and "he"?

Doesn't she believe that Jehovah is directing Watchtower Corporation and he made the decision to forgive the loans? Isn't this all part of His will and purpose?

Well, my sister-in-law and her husband, special pioneers for only a couple of years, just got their letter.

They've had their couple of years as special pioneers, so what do they have to show for it? Did they meet dozens of interested people while working d2d, study with them, and get them dunked? In a couple of years they should have a new congregation filled with new publishers that they brought into "da troof"!

Or maybe Jehovah didn't see that they were fruitful branches, so he lopped them off.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Mentioned this all to a sister in the car today- not quoting any sources, you know, and she replied," well its about time, the preaching work is all its about and that has to be now!!! " So much for the RF understanding what is going on..

Apparently, in Canadian bethel they have been told 49% or so are being "laid off" while the ones remaining are to feed themselves and clean their own rooms.... like that will happen..

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Truthlover:

Of course the rank & file don't understand what is going on. They always were in a news blackout. The few JWs I know don't have a clue about what's happening in their religion.

This is what really bothers me: the rank & file are in the dark and being deliberately fed a pleasantly spun story about all these ones being let go which doesn't sound so bad...that is until the fired bethelites arrive in their home congregations and the appeals for money for every Tom, Dick & Harry go through the roof!! Maybe then will some awake r&f realize this doesn't have such a pretty sound to it!

• truthlover
    truthlover

LHG

I mentioned that these ones being let go would arrive back in the congregations without jobs or money as they took a vow of poverty and probably worked 20 -30 years at bethel without upgrades - but the reply was they could probably go into cleaning or something like that.... I told her no pension, no money from the society for start up funds, nothing but the congregation and relatives to support them until they got on their feet -- a lot of angst will be seen on this board unless they are so brain dead they truly believe everything is ok ..

All I can see is terrible disillusionment - for those not realizing what is going on, it will be devasting, but hey -maybe that's is what is meant to be!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Truthlover:

You are not kidding about the disillusionment they will face! As for them "getting on their feet", that's easy for the younger ones being let go. What about older ones?

Let's say some returning bethelite or SP comes home and the congregation takes up a collection and hands them an envelope with $ and a basket of goodies - this doesn't solve their ultimate problem:...needing a means of maintenance (a job).

Certainly any handout would not be a continuous thing....It's unsustainable, really. I hope people realize this. It's a bad situation! I wish them Good Luck.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Sorry but i dont have much pity for them for most SPs if a close family member was DF they wouldnt talk to them for the rest of their lives, so its good that they know how concerned the GB are about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit