Imitating Jesus with a goatee vs Elders

by brandnew 17 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew

Ok.....ya gotta hear this ......pops, who is 80 + , slightly nacisistic, slight case of alzheimers, and a stubborn good ol man.

Decided to grow a pretty nice lookin goatee this week....

Elders swooped on him so quick, it was crazy......

Pops looked like he was diggin the whole show of testosterone being flung in his face , but he stood his ground and smiled...

When the dust settled, and pops had his say....

He replied......"IM IMITATING JESUS, AND JEHOVAH "....!!!!

OMG...the smile on my face, and the one on my dads was priceless......along with the frowns on theirs..

Thats all....just wanted to share that.☺

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    You go dad!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Priceless!!!!!!!

Dad stole the show!!!!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I wish my ol - man was like that. I'd be proud of him.
  • Deltawave
    Deltawave

That's ace! When I grew a beard a sister said that some may find it offensive... So I replied "I find nasal hair offensive but that's allowed"

Haha

• brandnew
    brandnew
    YEAH !!! POPS DID THAT !!☺
  • never a jw
    never a jw
    Great story! especially coming from an old timer. You would think they are the most conservative and intransigent.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I think when you said "slight case of Alzheimer's" that says it all, or just a bit of it.

But please know that I think that anyone that can stand up to the pompous asshole elders in their Congregation, they're alright with me !!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I love it when old folks take advantage of their advanced years to get away with saying what we'd all love to say and to call-out B.S when they encounter it.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Good for you, bn's dad! Tell them young whipper-snappers to shove it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit