The Captive Mind of a former bethalite.

by The Rebel 30 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I see years of acute economic crisis ahead for the W.T. This is evident with letting go of " volunteer" bethalites throughout the world. But my thread is on the consequences to the individual, and the organisation of letting " volunteer" bethalites go.

So what happens to the captive mind of the former bethalite when they are let go from bethel? Surely being made to leave bethel, will now create for many worry, about their private life, and the more worry the more likely the captive mind will awaken to the wasted years spent at bethel.

I would imagine for many the main interest must now be how to survive in " satans" world? The fear must be unimaginable, and each individual story will be different. Some will be lucky and have family to support them, some will become depressed, and some will continue to be held captive by the W.T.

But many will survive with minds no longer held captive to the W.T. These ex-bethelites will then probably have to struggle with do they retain a belief in God, or do they become athiest. So I feel sorry for them as It's going to be a difficult journey.

Anyway the reason for the post was, I hope the W.T have underestimated the consequences of making these former bethalites enemies. Personally I am sure many of these ex-bethelites will become powerful apostates.

The Rebel.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Rebel you sound like your out on a day pass or on mandatory supervision which is it?

/

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Truthseeker, my thread title was not meant to suggest I was a former bethelite. I am now embarresed by the thread title, but can't change it.

The Rebel.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Don't ever PM me you got that!!.

I am sure all of us would love to hear about your life experience. Did you learn about the witnesses as a result of a study session at a federal penitentiary?.

• stillin
    stillin
    WTH truth seeker? Rebel is no more mentally disturbed than you are!
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

truthseeker, what's up? I agree with the rebel that this issue is going to create a great deal of controversy

for many it is going to be a time to rethink priorities and when this happens people realise that their committments to religion are not that practical anymore.

• username
    username
    truthseeker100 you call someone out as being on day release yet you come out with this, "Don't ever PM me you got that!!." Now a little analysis would say you could be projecting yourself on to another!

I don't see a problem with The Rebel's post at all, the OP makes some valid points actually.

Best to think before going on a all out attack on someone!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Wow, " truthseeker" sometimes I feel it's impossible to communicate with people on the Internet. However " Stillin" you make it worth while trying.

Anyway I am no former bethelite, but I am a former witness interested in thoughts on why with the poor economics of the W.T, they are terminating bethelites services?( This I understand is widespread)

Surely the W.T appear to have over looked the fact ex- bethelites can make the best apostates? ( Or as the Godfather says keep your friends close but your enemy closer)

The Rebel.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Its not an attack I am just a truth seeker who would like some questions answered that's all.
  • tiki
    tiki
    Very valid observation imho....I knew a few who did their stint and were released and extremely bitter about having no real skills to cope with the real world. They realized what a waste of youthful energy...none stayed in the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit