What Will Happen To President Trump In Your Opinion?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I think it was Scott Adams who said that Trump would redefine the definition of "impeachment" more than be impeached, and that is already happening.

I doubt the founding fathers thought of the clause where the house votes to proceed but then ... doesn't. So there is now debate as to whether he's really been impeached or not.

If there is an indictment without a trial, is someone really prosecuted or standing trial for something? What does an indictment mean if it doesn't lead to anything.

More seriously, why is someone mucking around and playing games with the process?

People should ask themselves what the point if it is. What are they trying to achieve?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Will he be convicted in the Senate?

I doubt it, even the BBC here have said on many news items he's been impeached but it's unlikely he'll be convicted because it's a mainly Republican senate.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't see the correlation between "effectiveness" and illegal / improper activity.

Many could argue that Nixon (Tricky Dick) was an effective president, but we know what happened to him.

Many could argue that Clinton (Slick Willy) was an effective president, but we know what happened to him.

El Chapo was a very effective drug lord, yet he is in a maximum security prison for life.

I could be a very effective professional driver, yet if I break the law, I am punished.

I really don't see what one has to do with the other.

Rub a Dub

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The impeachment wont follow through in the Senate but his reelection next year is doubtful. I sense the Democrats will win the next election in 2020, in similarity to how that party won the midterm elections and the seats in Congress.

Trump and his administration from the beginning has been covered in dark cloud with the odd bit of sunlight shining through at times, but recently those clouds have gotten a little more darker.

You could say he was an apprentice President that stumbled in his newly found profession as a politician. If he were to continue on he most likely would improve his skills but he has to face another vote to accomplish this endeavor.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Trumps biggest political enemy is his mouth.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Trump will go down as shaking up the establishment. He is not as smart as he thinks himself, is abrasive, and anyone who thinks he is a messiah isnt thinking. High crimes would be murder, theft, or such, misdemeanors is murkier but every politician seems to be crooked and on the take.

BUT if the dems win hang on to your hat. Severe curtailment of freedoms, even the ownership of private cars. Higher taxes because someone has to pay for all the free stuff. It will be extreme overreach.

I am half afraid to start on Virginia and the coming things there. That deserves a new posting and few if any will be dissuaded from their current thinking.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Trumps biggest political enemy is his mouth.

Waselder ....

I would also add Twitter.

Rub a Dub

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Give him a fair trial. And then they should go to each and every one of those idiots that want us paying endless reparations of every sort so our planet can be home to reptilians, and start impeaching them. This goes for all the judges that find these items "constitutional". According to which constitution? It also goes for all those who are holding up prosecution for all those who are corrupt--including CEOs of the big banks that are holding our world hostage. And why not impeach the whole Fed?

As imperfect a president we have now, it can only be much worse with someone like KILLary or Pelosi in charge.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As imperfect a president we have now, it can only be much worse with someone like KILLary or Pelosi in charge.

WTWizard ...

That was the problem in the last election, two lightning rods running (Trump and Hillary).

People will look back on the "good old days" when you had people in office who you may disagree with (Obama, George W., Clinton, Bush the Elder, Reagan, etc.) but at least they were civil. I never recall any berating anyone, doing the name calling and being sleazy as what we have today. Especially the last two, Obama and George W., you may not have agreed with them but they did not bring disrespect to the presidential office as what we see today.

Rub a Dub

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RUB A DUB:

The reason Bush and Obama seemingly didn’t bring disrespect or disruption to the office was because Bush was the old style ‘dignified’ type of president..I’m not saying I liked him.

Trump, however, was not a politician. He is a businessman with a colorful past who made it into the White House because of the bad circumstances the country was in..And, never mind Obama. For one thing, the Democrats would make sure there was no criticism of him or disruption. They held him out like he was the Messiah..But, the time was right for something different. We all didn’t get something better..just different..And, he ALSO got elected because of special circumstances, namely Bush ruining the economy.

But I believe the Democrats are responsible for all the disruption in the country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit