If You Could Live In Any Era or Decade What Would It Be?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Early 1800s. IF. I could keep some of my modern knowledge and modern medicine. Otherwise I would be dead or at least crippled from a childhood disease, wife would have died from appendix, cancer, or what have you children may not have lived so now ain't all that bad

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

As I read these posts I notice that most pick the time period from their tweens to late 20's as the best. I don't think it has as much to do with the "times" as it does with that time in our life when we are still open to new ideas and events. We conflate "the times" with "our" times. I agree with Blondie. I would have died young without medical breakthroughs and let's face it, the communication possible on the net has made the world much smaller. I like that.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I love the internet so have to say, present day attracts me the most.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Not being black, gay or a woman, I would be tempted to say the 50's but then again that was when we began the nuclear arms race, Korean War, Cuban revolution. I guess I like the Happy Days version of the 50's, cool hotrods, milkshakes and poodle skirts.

In reality the present for all its issues is still the best time to be alive.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    50’s and early 60’s because of the innocence and “happy days”
    - innocence? Child sex abuse was never talked about, it was only whispered about, and that was the end of it.

50’s and early 60’s, - adults were still traumatized from WWII

A cool challenge, being right there at the beginning with Adam and Eve, or whoever was first.
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If I rubbed the right bottle and a Genie offered me to spend a decade as a teenager, I'd choose the 60s.

I'm quite happy with being born in the early 50s. The 60s & 70s were a fabulous period for me and I'd be happy to repeat it. My parents were constantly telling me what a terrible time we were living in, but I was having a ball, the World was really a pretty good place and the big scary Worldlies were mostly decent people, just as they are now.

• minimus
    minimus

Music of the 60s and 70s was diverse and 50 years later, it’s still music 🎵 to our ears.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I love 60s and 80s music.

I love films from the 70s and 80s, too. They're much better than the crap spoon-fed to audiences today.

But if I could pick any era to live in it would be right here and now, 2019 in a Western country.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to see how things really were just before joke-hova stuck its ugly face in the affairs of the earth. No political correctness, no having everything held back so all you could hear was lies, no perennial emergency to keep serving that leech of a god that wants us all enslaved, no bibles or qurans (or churches or mosques), religion actually serving a useful purpose instead of reinforcing lies, spiritual workings actually working, and so on. And none of this having to give up my culture to fit in with outsiders that do not belong in this region because they were not designed to live here (or having missionaries sent to their regions that also do not belong there, and are not designed to live in their regions).

Back then, everything was purer. You had food that actually sustained life instead of drug companies' profits. You had water with no fluoride. The air was fresh, without chemtrails in the air or cancer stick smoke on the ground. There were no issues with cost of living. Even the language was pure--Sanskrit, and unadulterated Sanskrit at that. And the hebrew language--that curse of a language that was taken from Sanskrit and reversed to form curses on the whole planet, did not exist at all.

• BottleGate_
    BottleGate_

When I was ten I informed my Mother I wanted to live at the big county Library .

Now with the internet I'm good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit