Elizabeth Smart found alive.

by JeffT 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This is fantastic news that she is alive. She is also young enough to have time to recover from whatever emotional damage may have been caused during her abduction.

Having said that, I can't help but feel there is more to this story than we now know. Is it possible the girl went with this guy voluntarily? And what kind of hold did he have on her all these months? In other words, I wonder if she went through an experience similar to Patty Hearst and perhaps became emotionally tied with this creep.

• simplesally
    simplesally

The news said that she did not go voluntarily when she was abducted so they said it was still being pursued as an abduction. I am sure tomorrow we will have more on the story.

• starfish422
    starfish422

Hooray! Maybe there is hope for Laci Peterson.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Hooray! Maybe there is hope for Laci Peterson.

My thoughts, exactly.

I was so happy about Elizabeth Smart. When Dan Rather came on with the "Breaking News" thing, and said something about her, I was sure it was a body. I literally whooped out loud. On Larry King tonight they said the man who had her, was a suspected pedophile, so we can imagine what she's been through, but she's home with her family. That's the best news in ages!!

• Xander
    Xander

I dunno....reading the story from CNN....it's obvious they are leaving a LOT unsaid.

Couse, who knows, maybe I'm just creeped out by the father. That, and the missing for *9 months*. Strange time period. And, supposedly travelled all over the place? But somehow found right in the same town she was kidnapped from?

I dunno....just....I dunno....

• avishai
    avishai

Re-instate the death penalty for non relative abduction, immediately! This bastard deserves to fry, slowly

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The death penalty has been abolished in all the civilized countries of the world, leaving only a few uncivilized countries still to practise that inhuman pusnishment, among others Communist China. North Korea, Iraq and USA.

• JT
    JT
    On Larry King tonight they said the man who had her, was a suspected pedophile, so we can imagine what she's been through, but she's home with her family.

I can not imagine what the folks must be going thru- the level of GUILT TRIPPING MUST BE unreal

they discussed the guilt that the family must be dealing with on tv last night

from the little girl who was not screaming and running trying to get away from the guy to the parents

they spoke of how often the child is literally conditioned and brainwashed, and we know about that -

they discusse the mom - who met this guy begging for money and decided to bring him to her house-, while the act was commendable in terms of helping out someone, it was just so unwise. I wonder did she and her husband discuss before hand using this man to do work around their home.

the guilt of i should not have brought this man to my home, etc

The entire family i hope gets some help to deal with this issue- they say kids can bounce back many times faster than older folks , i don't know , but i hope so for the sake of the litttle girl

time will tell

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

A pox on all who think this girl willingly ran away from home and stayed with this sick lowlife. She was reared in a beautiful home, educated, and from all the pictures I've seen of her, appears to be a very innocent human being. Eyes don't lie. She was abducted at GUNPOINT, people. And more than likely, she was taught obedience at home, to the point that it would be easy to brainwash and browbeat her into submitting and not trying to secure her own release. Some people are fierce in their fight for personal freedom. Others are taught from birth to be totally obedient to those in power. She obviously is one of the latter, and has been psychologically damaged.

Any who have been JW's should clearly be able to understand how that happens. Get real, and punish who's really at fault here: the kidnappers, not the victim!

RCat

• Xander
    Xander
    Eyes don't lie

Sorry, but that has got to be the stupidest thing I've read all day.

She LOOKS innocent, so she must be?

Wow.

And tell me, how many brothers at the hall LOOK like pedophiles? Rapists? Adulterers? Cause, I mean, if you can see that just LOOKING at someone, you should call the police RIGHT NOW - you could be a GREAT service to the world!

The only thing being in the bOrg has taught me is that the more 'perfect' a family looks, the more they are hiding.

I mean, seriously, she was kidnapped from her bedroom at GUNPOINT, yet no one could find evidence this guy ever owned a gun, or found one on him? Geez, usually the police are better about planting that kind of evidence! (Course, maybe they got confused because the girls story of her abduction and her sisters - the only other supposed eyewitness - don't match!) And from her own BEDROOM?!? How does that work?!

-------------------------

Note that I'm not saying she definately WASN'T kidnapped, but you all so eagerly gobble up everything posted on CNN or whatever as if it were the gods-honest truth, the complete and accurate story, and never read between the lines, never question anything, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit