Elizabeth Smart found alive.

by JeffT 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JeffT
    JeffT

TV just broke into coverage of a fire to report that police in Sandy Utah found her alive and well in a car during a routine traffic stop. She'd been missing since last July 4th when her sister said that a man came into their room in the middle of the night and took her. No details yet.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Damn I was posting this when I saw your post. No Details yet. Apparently it was the homeless handiman whom the police suspected all along.

Trying to find info right now

• sf
    sf

I don't even want to imagine what she's had to endure mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically all these months. {{{ ELIZABETH }}}

Missing Teen Elizabeth Smart Found Alive AP - 15 minutes ago

Elizabeth Smart, the 15-year-old girl who vanished from her bedroom nearly eight months ago, was found alive Wednesday during a traffic stop in suburban Salt Lake City, police said.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Eye witness account to the traffic stop said she was with the man and another woman, and that they were dressed with vails, and he though they look Arabic. I wonder if she did go at her own will and was brainwashed to his cult beliefs..... just a thought

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This is absolutley amazing that this girl was found alive. I was sure she was like so many of the other missing children, never to be heard from again.

This issue hits close to me, a good friend of mine , an adult thou , has been missing going on 3 years. It has been just terrible for her family , she left behind 2 small children and literally disappeared without a trace. He husband is a suspect as they were going to go to court the next day over child custody.

I am so happy for the Smart family and I hope Elizabeth will recover and have a good life.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

YEAH!

• Francois
    Francois

Lyin' this one got to me too for some reason I don't know.

Thank God she's alive. I suspect that she's a likely candidate for quite a bit of psychotherapy in the foreseeable future.

Now let's see what's going to happen to the sub-human who took her.

francois

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is both amazing and wonderful!

Here's another GOOD NEWS story:

Woman saves child from abduction

Jim Walsh
    The Arizona Republic
    Mar. 11, 2003 12:00 AM

CHANDLER - Anyone could have dismissed it as an innocent circumstance, a disobedient child crying as she walked quickly with her grandfather.

But Anne Biggers, of Tempe had a strong sense that something was terribly wrong. She was right, and police credit her with preventing a child abduction Saturday at Chandler's Ostrich Festival.

Biggers, 67, said she heard footsteps behind her and a crying child. She saw the man walking quickly with the 3-year-old girl from behind. The little girl confirmed her suspicions when the child turned around.

"I will never forget that look," Biggers said. "It was like her eyes were saying, 'please help me.' "

Biggers asked the girl if the man, with gray hair and who appeared to be in his 50s, was her grandfather. The girl shook her head no.

"I said, 'come to me, honey,' " Biggers said. The girl broke free from the man's grasp and ran into her arms. Biggers then turned her head to look for her own great-grandchildren and the man vanished.

Biggers does not consider herself a hero, saying that God placed her in the right place to help the little girl, but Chandler police Detective George Arias said her actions were heroic.

"How many abductions do we have every year that don't have a happy ending," Arias said. "It's a reminder to all parents to keep an eye on their children at all times."

The incident occurred about 3:30 p.m. at the event's petting zoo, at Tumbleweed Park near McQueen and Germann roads, he said. The little girl's mother lost track of her for only a few seconds as she threw away some cups.

When she couldn't find the girl, "she started yelling and screaming for her child," Arias said.

Police stopped 25 men fitting the description that Biggers provided them, but she could not identify a suspect, he said.

Biggers reunited the girl with her parents, whom she described as frantic.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

The story of Elizabeth being found hit me hard I just have bawled since I heard, Thunder came running in and told me he was grinning from ear to ear. I just feel we have so many abductions etc. that it just makes me so happy to realize people do care we aren't all jaded. Maybe things can change. The last story was so wonderful YEA lady.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Shelia,

You are not the only one laughing through tears of joy!!!! I am so glad she is alive. That is the first step to all this. This hits so close to home. I only wish all abductions end with a found or happy ending.

Truly in these days our children are targets and that is frightening. I hope they nail the kidnappers to the wall.

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit