Fading is better then completely leaving...comments?

by Witness 007 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Elderberry :

Jan from Tam you don’t understand the fading or JWlite option. Yes you can openly celebrate birthdays and other things once you are known as an inactive JW with no shunning needed.
    You have the best of both worlds without any disadvantages. You have more advantages than a pimi because you will be so love bombed and given all the food at gatherings
    you will be offered lifts and even accommodation and things like that.

oh this is soo funny. Its YOU that dont understand jw fading.

"given all the food at gatherings " what part of the planet are you on ?

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Stan I understand some who have left the hard way want to justify it. But the truth is it’s far better to stay physically able to talk to witnesses so leave the soft way.

all through history there have been great religious communities of good people and they don’t always have to agree on the religious beliefs and such.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I felt better leaving...I didn't like playing along with what I knew to be a lie. but...I didn't have family to lose. Just JW "friends" and only one of them that MIGHT have cared-writing MIGHT because they threw me under the bus more than once.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

talking about shunning.

My ex wife shuns our son because he decided to leave.

3 of my friends from my teens / early 20's each shun one or more of their kids for the same reason.

So why would i want them as friends any more ?

All you faders still dithering on the fence for fear of losing conditional " friends" just bear in mind the cult still has that hold on you. But will jehovah remember you come armageddon ?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

To be fair, I’m a fader purely because it just makes caring for my parent more easy with less hassles. Recently I had a close JW relative die, where I was left to arrange the funeral. This was done effectively with little hassle. Credit to the congregation as the service and refreshments were all done by them. Apart from the infomercial service, it was lovely seeing this relatives long time friends turn up. This would have been far more problematic if I was DFed. I still lead a relatively secular lifestyle but have found a compromise. Christmas and birthdays are something I could go with out. They are costly and time consuming. I don’t mind attending them, but really can’t be bothered with my own. I actually see not celebrating Christmas / birthdays as a bonus of been a JW. I’m probably in the minority here though.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

In case it makes any difference to some: Rev 18:4 New International Version

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “’Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues. ///so if you stay in even though you know it is false, do you expect to come out unscathed?
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

" do you expect to come out unscathed? " I don't think anyone sticking with staying in the Org. now will.

I was embarrassed all those years ago when I left to think that many people knew I had been a J.W. Now, as all the Scandal comes out, and the evidence of JW Org being a nasty , controlling cult, that damages people, anyone associated with them for much longer will be looked upon as a Pariah.

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

Hate to break it to you but no matter what you do, you are never really free of it. That is if you fade, disassociate, get disfellowshipped you will always have effects. The question comes down to what effects can you deal with better than the others. That's a very personal calculation.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

LeeMerk, I agree you will always feel the effects. There are people who have left years ago who are now ( thankfully) activists helping others because they felt/feel the harmful effects. I am exposing JW on my FB page. I don't know who may see it...but hopefully it will keep someone else from being made a fool of.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I am glad we moved halls and faded. 75% of JW family and locals do shun or "avoid" us, but it makes our everyday lives easier. It made it possible to get some old friends and family out of the borg. It was also easier to care for elderly relatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit