Did it ever become unbearable to attend another Kingdom Hall meeting?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hearing all the misinformation, errors, and outright bullshit presented as irrefutable fact was starting to feel like ants crawling under my skin.

😖

• Ding
    Ding

When I first attended a meeting at a KH, I found it very interesting because it was so different from the church I grew up in.

But then I soon realized that WT meetings were essentially all the same.

I found the WT studies to be nothing but mindless repetition.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORB:

The 1995 Generation teaching also did it for me as well. My time in the Witness religion was truly Over…I was probably approaching the status of ‘PIMO’ before that with all the garbage I went through. But, when I heard this nonsense - I knew I had to get the hell out, and ‘Faded’..It was about time.

This teaching also caused many other JWs to leave, even if it was a delayed reaction. I’m sure it wasn’t as many as who left after the 1975 failure, but it was a considerable amount. Any other JWs who had a functioning brain knew they had to do something about planning for their retirement.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

I had a great deal of ANXIETY while I was prepping to go to the KH, CAs, RCs, ICs plus field circus. This condition caused/motivated me to attend the meetings less and less; I told the Ministry School Overseer to take me off of the School. Those elduhs in the last 2 congs I was associated with understood and promptly complied. This was a good thing because I was able to fade out slowly, without any fanfare, to become Proudly POMO! 👏🏽

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This is kind of weird as I hear people talking about the overlapping generation. As it really wasn’t until I become involved with apostate websites, as a PIMO. That the significance of it really hit home. As a PIMI I knew about the overlapping generation, but it never really bothered me or did I care to know.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Pretty muich attending meetings is nothing more than keeping-up appearances.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Outside of my dad's memorial talk, I haven't been to a kingdom hall since 2015.

• Syme
    Syme

For me, it became reeeeally unbearable when I heard a talk about the Flood, having read about evolution, and the arguments made were so stupid.. that I just couldn't take it anymore.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Maybe not a meeting, but the broadcast updates with c 19 and vx....that really ticked me off...they were laying guilt trips on people to coerce them into doing what they wanted them to do and saying it was God's or Jesus will. Just a twisting a scriptures .....

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Thankfully, nowadays I can look at my phone and pretend to be following along, but in reality I'm playing chess online. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit