Did it ever become unbearable to attend another Kingdom Hall meeting?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i hated going. I had resigned years before--i only attended to stop my 3rd gen wife endlessly nagging me. Finally--42 years ago, she divorced me and i was free at last.

• Riley
    Riley

The more I understood about the bible, the theological holes just became unbearable. The entire religion is eschatology base nonsense which basically voids the entire new testament for anyone but the magical eight.

The worst part for me was the half wits that always needed to hear themselves talk. Pointless comment after pointless comment. Just the pure narcissism of it was the worst part for me.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The worst part for me was the half wits that always needed to hear themselves talk. Pointless comment after pointless comment. Just the pure narcissism of it was the worst part for me.

https://youtu.be/KeidZmxHLiY

• pixel
    pixel
    The more I understood about the bible, the theological holes just became unbearable. The entire religion is eschatology base nonsense which basically voids the entire new testament for anyone but the magical eight.

Agree 100%.

• joao
    joao

How I understand you! But, from my experience, the most important thing to do is to be true to yourself. If you aren't, bigger problems may arise with time. Enjoy your freedom!

• Gorb
    Gorb

In 2008 I could no longer attend the meetings, because my brains got hurt. All the bias, rules and made uo history, I could no longer accept.

Since 1995 generation change I became PIMO.

Now with wife and children save, faded and off the jw radar since we moved to another city.

JW family still have contact, they avoid the elephant in the room.

G.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I became a fader, more than 10 years before I even read of the term (in regards to reducing involvement in the JW religion). Or, precisely, I just simply stopped attending the regular meetings (except maybe for a few times) in the Kingdom Halls. I did that because I was burned out with the routine and because I wanted to focus on doing independent research (including about the WT/JW religion's doctrinal changes and its other history, and to see if the religion had more false doctrinal interpretations of the Bible than I had realized). My field service hours had already become less than 3 hours per month before I stopped attending the regular meetings. When I stopped thinking of myself as a JW I then stopped attending the Memorial and the circuit assemblies and district conventions (except that maybe I had already stopped attending some of those assemblies/conventions by then).

Therefore, if the meetings are unbearable, why not simply suddenly stop attending them, if one is an adult (especially if not married) living on her/his own (not living in his/her parents home)? If the family asks why did you stop, why not simply say the truth - namely that you are burned out (or worn out) from participation in meetings, meeting attendance, and field service? If people, including your family and the elders, as a result conclude you are spiritually weak, so what?
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I fully intended to fade after the Memorial in the year I left, so I attended the Mid-week meeting just after, intending to slowly miss the odd meeting, gradually increasing the gaps, the usual,fade.

But that night, I walked out of the Meeting straight after the final prayer, stood in the car park and looked back at the K.H and thought : " I can never set foot in their again".

So I stopped , cold turkey. Probably easier as it happened, had I attended the odd meeting, "concerned" J.W's would have asked me why I was missing before, and I would have had to lie.

For a long time, just passing the K.H. made me feel a bit nauseous, but eventually I did go back in, for the odd family Funeral only.

To this day I am a "faded" (inactive) "JW" , it makes relations with JW family members easier than if I had disassociated.

It would be unbearable even now to attend a normal meeting, I would not be able to listen to all the nonsense and keep my fat gob shut !

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Sad to say I was beat as a young child and learnt to behave and sit quiet at meetings. I was so conditioned to it my mind became numb and I naturally wandered off.

What I couldn’t tolerate was field service anymore. But if meeting attendance were the only requirement to be a JW, I might have lasted a couple years longer than I did.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Since 1995 generation change I became PIMO.

Now with wife and children save, faded and off the jw radar since we moved to another city.''

I reiterate the 1995 thing,,,,,didnt make sense at all then,,,never did and combined with overlapping,,,,dont even go there,

Yes,,,,,there are testimonies of people who successful move away and fall of the 'radar' so to speak. Thats what it has to take.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit