Article in the Awake about us "Apostate Fighters"

by LuckyLucy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

and are now "apostate fighters" against God's Spirit.

This phrase "apostate fighters" sounds like a contradiction, a double negative, an oxymoron.

like "fire fighters" fight fire

foo fighters fight foo

wouldn't apostate fighters fight apostates - the ones who broke away from god to follow the watchtower?

Thanks for labeling us correctly.

will

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am an apostate fighter against the WTS.

Never turned my back on God, just the worthless Jehovah's Witness religion.

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

The WTS loves to throw up smoke screens to hide their true nature. The unforgiveable sin should be the one that is committed when the person doing so knows that it is a sin. Their Bible says that there is no forgiveness left for it.

I'd class child molestation, abuse and shunning among the unforgiveable sins.

Warrigal...of the Apostate Warrior Princess Class

• crownboy
    crownboy

Didn't Jesus characterize the "unforgivable sin" specifically as towards those Jewish religious leaders who claimed that his miracles were originated from the devil and not god, and wasn't the "unforgivable" nature of this sin specifically that they could no longer qualify as religious leaders of the people in front of god (and not necessarily that they could not be "forgiven" for denying Jesus' power coming from god, if they were truly repentant)? I could be wrong about that point, but certainly leaving the crackpot JW religion wouldn't qualify as any "sin", much less an unforgivable one (assuming you even accept the bible and all).

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

bitter who me? yeah ok just a bit (but hey, i'm sucking the brain cleansing lemon of freedom)

pride? yeah and I'm not too proud to admit it.

greed? gimme gimme gimme a life after midnight!

where's the rest? I thought there were seven deadly sins?

==

The penny dropped! - this site's in word document format now! whoo hooo .. Well done Bro. Simon!

• Valis
    Valis

Indeed we are trying our damdest!

Sincerely

district Overbeer of the "Apostate fighter" class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Can't see it Valis.

• Swan
    Swan
    Actually I kinda like that they call us "apostate fighters" Has a nice ring to it.

I actually preferred the previous term they gave us; "modern day apostates." It made us sound so hip. "Modern day apostates" certainly implies that we are computer literate and can easily trap every JW who falls into our Internet web.

"Apostate fighters" sounds more like we are just scrappers. How about we write in and suggest "Apostate Warriors." I agree Apostate fighters sounds ambiguous too. It makes us sound like people who fight apostates. It would have been even better to call us "Fighting Apostates," or "Apostates with Attitude."

We need a good PR department. Then when their writing department has a question about what to call us, they can just give us a ring and run it by us.

Tammy

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

It seems to me that once upon a time the one true religon, it was even "spirit directed", label Jesus Christ an apostate. Instead of spiritually killing him by disfellowshipping him, they literally killed him.

We're in good company.

• r51785
    r51785

"Apostate Fighters" sounds like a good name for a baseball team. It reminds of a team in Japan named Nippon Ham Fighters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit