Article in the Awake about us "Apostate Fighters"

by LuckyLucy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Today I was at work and a JW slipped a WatchTower and Awake in the mail slot.In the Awake there is an article titled "Is There An Unforgivable Sin?" Here is a paragraph that caught my eye.

Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God,perhaps because of bitterness,pride, or greed, and are now "apostate fighters" against God's Spirit.They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing. Have these induividuals committed the unforgiveable sin? Jehovah is the final Judge.-Romans 14:12

Then it goes on to say we should not judge others and guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our heart...blah blah blah..

Actually I kinda like that they call us "apostate fighters" Has a nice ring to it.

• Latte
    Latte

LuckyLucy,

Thanks for that! Would you be kind enough to post the date of the awake ? Clearly the usual double talk!

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Thank you for the heads-up. I will soon be meeting with JW relatives on business matters, and they already view me as an "apostate fighter against God."

Sam

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sheesh. The joeltroll can't even come up with an original thought. He lifted this idea straight out of the WT. Why am I surprised?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/48256/681488/post.ashx#681488

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I like the way they move right into committing "secret sins." They are obviously sending the message that anyone who doubts becomes an apostate and that the doubts stem from keeping secret sins. Pathetic.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

In the book 1984, George Orwell referred to it as "Thoughtcrime"

• acsot
    acsot

Good catch jgnat! Of course, becoming what the WTS describes as "apostate" would having nothing at all to do with becoming aware of doctrinal lies, protecting criminals, not displaying Christ's love, etc. etc. Oh no, it's because of greed and pride. Someone in the Writing Dept. must have been looking in a mirror.

• Sargon
    Sargon

I love how they equate drawing away from the organization as drawing away from God. People who left the org for holding beliefs contrary to thier doctrine have been disfellowshipped. Later when 'new light' causes the watchtower to change thier doctrine; do they welcome these prophets back? No they turn thier backs on them and label them apostate. I love the added term 'fighter', it shows we've got spunk and we're getting to them.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Article in the Awake about us "Apostate Fighters"

aww its nice to know they havent forgotten us.

Brummie

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    Have these individuals committed the unforgiveable sin? Jehovah is the final Judge.-Romans 14:12

Question from Readers: Are we to understand, then, that judging of these individuals is to be left to Jehovah alone and that true Christians should refrain from presumptuously usurping such a serious undertaking from our heavenly father by making our own judgments? "Longtime readers of this journal will recognize that genuine, open-ended questions to which you are permitted and encouraged to arrive at your own conscientious conclusions would never find their way onto its pages. Thus, as with any 'question' posed here, the only appropriate 'answer', as deemed by the faithful and discreet slave, is clearly communicated by virtue of the ‘question’s’ very appearance. Spiritually mature ones, as a result of their regular meeting attendance, meaningful field service participation and diligent study of Bible-based publications, will quickly recognize the intended message behind ‘Jehovah is the final judge’ theocratic codetalk and loyally conduct themselves accordingly toward these individuals." --- Editor ------- AMNESIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit