JWs at the Movies

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 14 Replies latest social humour

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

So I was watching some of the dramas screened at the Be Courageous convention, and one caught my eye.

It's the scene where a group of JW teens are watching something deemed as "sinful" at the movie theaters. There were only sound effects, so I decided to fill in the blanks.

https://vimeo.com/275184883

Bottom line: machine guns = bad. Maniacal screaming and piercing shrieks = no-no.

So, be courageous and walk out of that stupid convention. It's simply not appropriate for Christians.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

Oh my God this is hilarious!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@cleanideas Dead set, that's what happened when I saw the videos at the Remain Loyal convention. I got up and walked out. Forever. Then posted a negative review on Rotten Tomatoes.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Haha, that was good.

You could do that video that had all the dead loves ones come back. Just have the Sixth Sense meme "I see dead people"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Jo-Ho that's exactly what crossed my mind when I saw the scene with the boy walking out of the cinema! They even used machine gunfire as the sound effect that upset him....someone at Warwick scriptwriting dept HAS to be awake it was too on the nose!

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

This version should be shown at the cannes film festival, makes more sense than the original, just need to know which category to enter it... Drama, COMEDY... mockery, parody... OK all of them. Well done on the edits joho. At club jdub-ana cool aids free....

• Tallon
    Tallon

Great post, JoHo.

I think the videos that are being produced and broadcast at these conventions are becoming more and more ridiculous.

First the 'Bunker' video, and now a major 'SWAT' team confronting them in a forest.

Sheer paranoia!

PS: isn't it ironic that the very imagery they condemn in 'worldly' films such as violence, fear and terror - they now incorporate in their videos.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Thanks JoHo.

Excellent example of how the WTBTS condemns the "world's" entertainment content, and then uses identical imagery of violence, horror, & terror to keep its followers in mental & spiritual shackles.

• Room 215
    Room 215

"Aprostate Cancer"... too funny!!

• zeb
    zeb

On the subject of movies.

Many years ago was a movie called Paint your Wagon. It was a western, comedy musical.Many in the cong went to see it.That is it was 'approved'.. The film was also about bringing in prostitutes to miners at a gold claim. But the right people thought it was ok so all thought it was ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit