Keeping Track Of The Brothers During The Great Tribulation

by new boy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

I couldn’t help but watch the “bunker video “again.

I learned that once they are in the bunkers they will need to get the attendance numbers from the different groups that are in hiding during the “great tribulation.” Chris and wife risked their lives going to the different groups and getting the numbers and putting them on slip of paper which he then handed to Brother Brown. Of course these numbers would have to be kept track of so they could make a full report back to the headquarters.

What only 14 in group three? What happen to the Jones? Well Brother Brown it seems that Kevin got hungry and went out for some pizza.” Remember Kevin he was the guy at the KH in the video they said "He already has his paradise and actually took a weekend shift at his job.” So because of that they didn’t tell Kevin about the secret door knock. I sure they were shunning poor Kevin long before they were hiding in their bunkers.

Yes they really do care about people.

I talked to a friend of mine who told me about her stanch Jehovah Witness mother who had been in the organization for over fifty years.

She spent the last eight years of her life in a nursing home. Guess how times the Witnesses came by to see her before she died?

• zeb
    zeb

I believe that once you are not in everyones face you are forgotten.. suits me!

GT. If I had a store of essentials sufficient to get past a power outage or strike etc the last people i would tell are jw. They cant shut up, their kids would be blabbing and next thing there would be a 'caravan' (!) of jw and others at on your door.

I am reminded of the parable ofthe 'foolish maidens' who didnt take enough oil for their lamps.

Selfish? no prudent..yes.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The bunker video is all nonsense as they never expect such a time to actually arrive but to remain "just around the corner."

And if it did arrive, yes- they would be paranoid about the ones not at their meeting last week going over to the dark side. They would forget that Jehovah is supposed to protect them and take it upon themselves to keep their secret handshake and/or bunker location away from "Kevin."

Imagine if they could "count their time" visiting faithful JW's in the nursing home, and could not "count their time" standing in front of a cart. That faithful elderly JW woman would be visited all day every day.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Imagine if they could "count their time" visiting faithful JW's in the nursing home, and could not "count their time" standing in front of a cart. That faithful elderly JW woman would be visited all day every day - OTWO

Honestly, it's shameful that they don't allow this.

• bennyk
    bennyk

What I found difficult to fathom was the fact that the "Bunker" video showed that adherence to the direction of the Governing Body did the Witnesses no good whatsoever... I don't understand why the WTS wanted to portray it that way.

• new boy
    new boy

Wouldn't be funny if at the end of the video Brother Brown has a letter to be read from the governing body.

The letter would say something like this.

"The faithful and discreet slave has determined that since everyone who has been faithful has a resurrection hope the best way to get through the great tribulation is to drink this cool-aid....cheers"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You often hear about how Jehovah protects his people in the WT and at conventions and such .

But all is quite on the western front when some JW`s get murdered or even beheaded during some random violence or persecution .

So it seems like Jehovah is partial as to who he saves and who he lets get murdered

And why go hide in a Bunker ? just wait on Jehovah he will fix it in his due time .

And Jehovah protects some brother as he goes around collecting attendance figures ? Are they for real ?

Do they honestly really believe this nonsense ?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

They used to have all these stories about how in war time, the brothers and sisters had to hide information. One story went that a sheet of paper that listed where the other witnesses were, was left out in plain sight and yet the soldiers missed it entirely!

The WT has to add side stories to fuel the imaginations of the regulars. Oh how dangerous but courageous of that couple to collect that info. Certainly, that also shows that the WT is keeping track of it's poor sheep and cares what happens to them.

But if it is the Great Tribulation, what is that really going to accomplish? Can the couple count time for that? Isn't that setting them up to have to be tortured to get that info? (which is what the WT wants people to think about) Do they expect the GTrib to last for years? Will the next bunker episode see the bunkees hooking up to next door to get power for their ipads so they could read the Watchtower? After all, Man cannot live on the Bible alone but needs to have the Watchtower to keep their spirituality intact.

It also helps to make a stronger line between "us" and them "worldly" people. Remember the old Revelation picture of the rebellious people that were going to be destroyed at the end of the 1,000 year reign? They all deserved to die and get out of the way of others so they could enjoy paradise. They had necktie headbands. They've been replaced with the police swat team who are scarier.

Image result for jehovah witness end of 1,000 year reign

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And when a couple of young Japanese JW sister`s get attacked with one murdered and the other hospitalized the JW Organization quicky distances themselves from them saying they are only volunteers and are in no way accountable to the Jehovah`s Witness organization .

Take notice lurkers ,you will be quickly thrown under the bus if the JW Org. thinks their may be even a hint of an insurance claim made against them

The rank and file are like fodder to them simply to be exploited .

• sir82
    sir82
    Imagine if they could "count their time" visiting faithful JW's in the nursing home, and could not "count their time" standing in front of a cart. That faithful elderly JW woman would be visited all day every day - OTWO

Honestly, it's shameful that they don't allow this.

Even more shameful is that the WTS has built and nurtured a culture in which good deeds only "count" if you get "credit" for them, credit which is recorded and tracked and used to determine how "worthy" you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit