Any drivers here recognise THIS scenario?

by The Fall Guy 14 Replies latest social current

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Incognigo Montoya – a bit cruel sometimes, but still very funny. It reminds me of a time when I was on my motor bike, behind another one, and we were making our way through virtually stationary traffic in the one way system approaching Kings Cross Station in London. A couple just ahead, travelling in the same direction as us, just stepped off the kerb because of some obstruction without looking our way, causing both of us to brake. But instead of using his horn this guy gave his bike a huge turn on the accelerator, revving the engine with a sudden and deafening roar. I swear that guy leaped over three feet in the air, not to mention suffering a near heart attack. It was also a bit cruel, but I still could hardly stop laughing for the next mile or so. And you never know, maybe it taught them a valuable lesson.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

😂🤣Sometimes a good rev is all they need. YouTube is full of videos from around the world, where idiot pedestrians or cage drivers, just dont get the rules of the road/etiquette. Now, there are a great many motorcyclists who dont either, and I've been guilty of riding pretty crazy myself. But the ignorant self entitlement of pedestrians and motorists is astounding sometimes. I was taught, at an early age, to move quickly when crossing a street, after looking both ways and assessing ample time to make it across, without obstructing traffic. Something i adhere to today, 40+ years later. Even if I have the right of way, I hustle. Human body vs automobile, is no contest, and I have scars that remind me of that fact every day. Even if you're in the right, you lose, and trust me on this, it's no fun.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I got my wake up call a few years ago, after i looked down to look at a text message while driving, only to look up and see the back of a completely stopped truck 10 feet away and counting. My car was trashed, the truck no noticeable damage.

Lesson learned.

• cofty
    cofty

I detest drivers who use their phone while driving. I sat with a young man on the roadside as he died a few years ago — he was beyond all hope of first aid. His girlfriend died in hospital a few days later. One-vehicle accident on an empty road. He had drifted into the barrier and rolled his car.

The fucking text can wait.

In the UK it earns a £100 fine and six points. 12 points = a ban.

Lots of pedestrians are idiots. Young mums who put their prams into the road in front of cars assuming the driver is paying attention are especially foolish.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

IMO texting while driving should be punished the same as driving under the influence. After all, it can, and often does have the same tragic results. It also stems from the same entitled attitude as getting into a car after drinking. The, "I can handle it. I'm not that bad. It's my right to drive and no one can or should tell me otherwise." If caught, you should lose your license with mandatory jail time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit