JW sign is the sacred cow being idolized by the JWs

by enoughisenough 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

This video makes valid points and the last pictures in the video says it all IMO...I knew witnesses who wore the logo in their jewelry. The sign represents the organization, so the organization is what is really being worshipped instead of God Almighty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTaDLXLQEe8

• Person
    Person

I recall prayers at the meetings when speaker begged: *O Jehovah help us bring glory to your organization "

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I recall prayers at the meetings when speaker begged: *O Jehovah help us bring glory to your organization"

Somehow this makes me think of Cuba. In most countries, crimes are committed against the state or the crown. In Cuba, crimes are "against the Revolution".

From what I've read here, no-one really fears "Jehovah" , but the "organisation" (spirit directed or otherwise 🙄). Is it a bit like those regimes, where everyone fears that midnight knock on the door? (I.e. being summoned by the elders?)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

jay-worg

home of worgans

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

NotFormer-good observation about who the JW really fear.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Interesting how much the JWs are using the JW.org symbol everywhere and on everything. Did a similar culture exist around the old Watchtower symbol? Did JWs have that symbol on ties, jewellery, bible covers, etc?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

" but we dont idolize"" 🤣

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I think I seen this when I was 10 years old

The Golden Calf — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

My Book of Bible Stories.

Right?

• enoughisenough