Accepting blood transfusions. By which instrument it ceased to be a disfellowshipping offense to become cause for disassociation?

by EdenOne 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Ok, I know the story of how it went, with the deal they reached with the Bulgarian government, etc. I know.

What I need to know is if there is an internal document that redefines willingly taking blood as a disfellowshipping offense into a cause for disassociation. A letter from the branch? Instructions given to Traveling Overseers? I would need something in writing. I can't believe that it wasn't more than just a change in the elder's manual between two editions.

I mean, they must have provided evidence to the Bulgarian government and the E.U. that they had changed their previous policies. I wonder what kind of document they provided.

Please, if someone has evidence of this organizational change, in writing, please point it out for me. Urgently needed for research.

Thanks.

R.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it was just the elder’s book that was updated and blood transfusion was moved from the DFing section to the DA section along with things like joining the military or another church. I don’t know if the change was ever actually made clear to regular publishers. But I too would be interested to see if others know of other documents on the subject.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

All I can gather is that, somewhere in April 2000 there was a letter send to the Traveling Overseers instructing them about a change in the Ks91 "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to the Flock" page 95 (in English) . I don't know if that change was made manually or if a new edition was published. I have the Ks91 in Portuguese; My edition is from 1991 and on page 95 there's a reference to "fail to abstain from blood" as cause for disfellowshipping.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

From what I gather, a common practice was for elders to write the new instructions in the margin of their copies and then get the new edition next time it was updated.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/bulgaria-blood-transfusions.php

Looks like the change that was motivated by Bulgaria refusing to recognize JWs was in the mid- to late-90's.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The word "disfellowship" is not mentioned in the paragraph.. Instead, the person "by his own actions" has disassociated himself from the congregation for willfully taking a blood transfusion.

2000-June-16th

Bugs Bunny!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Has the AJWRB contacted the ECHR and/or the Bulgarian government about Watchtowers deception over disassociating those taking blood?

It actually puts witnesses in a worse spot since they cannot even appeal being Disassociated.

Elmer Thud!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Has disassociated himself by his own actions.

Legal issues.

What other way would it be.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Thank you, Atlantis!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thanks a million always Atlantis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit