Post A Message To The Troops

by DakotaRed 60 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Berten and Uncle Bruce:

Berten have no idea where your from but frankly just because one may not agree with war does not mean we have to belittle the boys and men who are trying to protect and defend.My point was my son is young as parent to counter what he sees and what he is told is very difficult but after your comments I would much rather have a son that has a sense of duty and honor (which was inforced by 9/11) then a someone willing to throw rude words out to malign others.

Uncle Bruce: You really need a good slap after the wetting their beds comment. We are a country full of immigrants that are wanting the war, they want to go home to a country not run by a nut. ooooooh <SLAP>

• berten
    berten

SheilaM wrote:

>after your comments I would much rather have a son that has a sense of duty and honor (which was inforced by 9/11) then a someone >willing to throw rude words out to malign others...

"Rude words"? Where ?

"Malign others" Where?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    >Sadly, you and your cronies just may get your way.
    Thanks for the compliment,when running out of arguments just use insults.

Berten, if you tried consulting a dictionary, you might just discover "cronies" is not an insult. It means a close friend. Had I used a word like "ilk," that would have been an insult.

so get off your high horse, because you didn't even have a good argument to counter, Col. Mike Turner, Norman Schwarzkopf's personal briefing officer during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    i do not support the troops! soory!

No need to be sorry, Realist. At least you are honest about it.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Like Charles Rangle, I support the troops (hope they'll be safe, etc.), but not the war. Saddam isn't even close to being an eminent threat, so we can explore diplomatic measures for a while longer. Or at least come up with a better Al-Queda/ Iraq link. The Saudis have a clear terrorist link, yet we continue to kiss their asses, diplomatically speaking. Makes me question Bush's commitment to national security, quite frankly.

IMO, people overseas are more likely to know about the US than vice versa. US television, and more specifically, US news sources like CNN and (*shudder*) Fox News are available to an international audience. They see Sean Hannity's stupidity on display just like we do . And news magazines like "Time" and newspapers like the New York Times are also available internationally. However, I bet few of us Americans watch CSPAN on Sunday night to see British Parliament (entertaining as hell ) , or watch BBC America, read The Economist news magazine, or read an online European/ Asian paper. While it's obvious that some are anti American just for the sake of being anti- American, it seems to me that far more people (both domestically and abroad), get the "anti- American" label unfairly (including myself on some occasions, though living in New York City, with a 74% war disapproval rate, makes it fairly rare). Well, as I said before, here's to a safe return for our troops (your son included of course, SheliaM).

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Oh look Dakota you know how to quote me.

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

BTT and done. Thanks babe for the link, although it took forever to download and open.

witchywoman

• berten
    berten

>Berten, if you tried consulting a dictionary, you might just discover "cronies" is not an insult.

>It means a close friend. Had I used a word like "ilk," that would have been an insult.

Given the context and the discussion at hand and your deliberate "misunderstanding" my point

(Conscripts versus volunteers) I found the choice of this particular word to be rather negative.

Use your condescending tone on someone else...

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    "Rude words"? Where

So you don't even catch when your RUDE hmmm how sad

• berten
    berten

SheilaM wrote:

>>"Rude words"? Where?
    >So you don't even catch when your RUDE hmmm how sad

Because I was not rude at all,you just chose to perceive it that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit