Reading the Awake is EQUAL TO A 4 YR COLLEGE DEGREE--

by JT 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I thought this gem was worth a:

bttt

Why? So some of the newbies can see how the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society equates reading their magazines to acquiring a college education.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I spoke with a relative last week about this topic, and she said that the change in attitude on education by the Society is due to 'people needing more technical knowledge in today's job market'. Fact is though, a colege degree has always been an advantage, and telling people otherwise was a great disservice done by the .org to their own people.

• JT
    JT
    Fact is though, a colege degree has always been an advantage, and telling people otherwise was a great disservice done by the .org to their own people.

well stated indeed

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I can certainly see why WTS would be very concerned about a college education--especially a liberal arts education. A lot of that education has to do with developing and understanding broader perspectives and thinking critically. I suspect the first sociology course would prove devastating to the wavering JW. Worse than reading the Bible on your own!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I vaguely recall something about some WT reading that was the equivalent to a college degree, and the added comment that the TMS was a bonus as education in public speaking and elocution. (GAG)

I'm so glad that the restrictions were lifted on furthering education for the JW kids of today----for their sake.

Annie

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

*** g83 7/22 p. 28 From Our Readers ***

The wealth of knowledge provided through these articles offered the reader an opportunity to benefit from a similar education I received through many, many hours of college education courses.

*** w75 9/1 p. 543 Questions from Readers ***

additional years of college education may present snares. One may become "brainwashed" by human philosophies so that faith in God and the Bible is destroyed.

"Gag" is right.

• jelly
    jelly

What kind of college JT? clown or barber?

Terry

• shamus
    shamus

The society robbed me of my youth, my life, and my career, until now. They can suck eggs.

• JT
    JT
    A lot of that education has to do with developing and understanding broader perspectives and thinking critically. I suspect the first sociology course would prove devastating to the wavering JW

excellent point

What kind of college JT? clown or barber?

Terry

see terry you AIN'T NO GOOD SMILE
    The society robbed me of my youth, my life, and my career, until now. They can suck eggs
    WORDS NEVER SPOKEN THAT ARE MORE TRUE
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hey!!!! after 32 years in this educational program where is my degree? It must equal at least several PhDs by now

but in what?

• submission - 100 %
    • obedience - 100%
    • door knocking - 75 %
    • meeting attendance - 95%
    • reading answers from magazines - 100% hey I know how to read
    • cleaning KH toilets and vacuuming - 100%
    • showing up early and staying late at meetings - 100%
    • sacrificing future, career, dreams and mind - 1000%

dropping out - graduated

Share this

Google+