Reading the Awake is EQUAL TO A 4 YR COLLEGE DEGREE--

by JT 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Below is the basic view of jw towards education and in 30yrs theirs views really have not changed much- a tweak here and a tweak there, but after all is said and done You can still get a 4 yr degree from reading the AWAKE SMILE

########################################

1969 "In view of the short time left, a decision to pursue a career in this system of things is not only unwise but extremely dangerous .. Many young brothers and sisters were offered scholarship or employment that promised fine pay. However, they turned them down and put spiritual interests first." So by guiding their children away from the so-called 'higher' education of today, these parents spare their children exposure to an increasingly demoralizing atmosphere, and at the same time prepare them for life in a new system as well."

1969 "'What Influences Decisions in Your Life?' Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. The world has very little time left! Any 'future' this world offers is no future!

###############

THE above shows that while the avg jw mom and dad are telling the kids to Pioneer the NONjw parents KNOWS THE FACTS BELOW and is pushing thier child to continue thier education, once again the Food from the FDS has been proven to be POISON

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NOW BELOW ARE THE REAL FACTS ON THE VALUE OF A COLLEGE DEGREE

What is a degree really worth?

On average, an individual with a bachelor's degree earns 35 percent more per year than a person with "some college," and 60 percent more than someone with just a high school diploma.
    This trend continues with higher degrees--on average, a master's degree adds a salary bump of another 25 percent over a bachelor's degree. Some observers believe that the economic downturn has given the holder of an advanced degree an even stronger edge.
    The step to a doctorate or professional degree can be a leap to even bigger numbers. A doctorate can bring $15,000 to $35,000 more than a master's degree in a related field. Six-figure salaries are commonplace among professional degree holders.
    When talk turns to earning more in business, everyone thinks about obtaining a master of business administration (MBA) degree. It's routine for men and women with this advanced business degree to earn salaries well into the six figures.

Moving up the ladder

Not only do people earn more with degrees in their field, the likelihood of receiving a promotion within six months of obtaining a career-related degree is very high in most sectors.

In technology, 80 percent of workers received a promotion within six months of getting their degree, according to one university.

In business, 68 percent of workers gain a promotion within six months of earning a career-related degree

In health care and nursing, nearly 55 percent of degree holders received promotions, with another 40 percent getting sought-after lateral moves into more rewarding positions

In education, a master's or doctorate in education can put your career on the fast track to coveted positions within your school or district, promotions to principal or other management-level education spots, and advancement to university-level positions.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

And just think, the Awake! magazine is available for just pennies a day. Isn't Jehovah wonderful for providing that level of education to all of his people!

Damn, that hurt just typing it!

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that the Society threw a real curve ball in the 90's about furthering one's education. There were the statements in the publications and there was the "corrected version" rendered by the traveling overseers. They blunted every article by saying, The Society still wants young ones to pioneer"....Yeah, right!.....On paper it looked like we were a progressive people. In reality, they want to keep the people dumb. Also, they were desperately trying to get into Bethel some professional people. You can't be a lawyer or doctor without a degree.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Do not let them "brainwash" you

LOL

that one kills me

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

4 year degree in what? A B.S. in cleaning toliets and washing windows?

Will

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

yes,

But how many times in the Awake can you bong a sixteen ounce beer, do three shots, and go to bed with two beautiful women you don't know? My four year college degree sure was a lot more fun than the Awake, I'll tell you that...

CZAR of the Bohemian Class

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

yes,

But how many times in the Awake can you bong a sixteen ounce beer, do three shots, and go to bed with two beautiful women you don't know? My four year college degree sure was a lot more fun than the Awake, I'll tell you that...

CZAR of the Bohemian Class

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

That's what I'll do.

Grab an Awake and head down to my local college and tell them that 'this magazine' is equal to a four year college degree.

Then watch the dean or admissions personnel, double over with laughter.

Gotta love that one.

• happysistah
    happysistah

Hi JT,

Yeah more BS by the Watchtower. No one acknowledges that. Unfortunately, many of us who grew up in the truth bought into that line of thinking. Especially in the 70's and 80's. So instead of going off to college we chose to go off into the field ministry or to Bethel.

I ended up going back to school in my mid 30's to get a bachelor's in business. Once I completed my bachelors-- I received a promotion within 6 months.

Do you think if I read the Awake magazine for another 2 years, I could get a Masters in BS

• JT
    JT

yes those wonderful GEMS OF TRUTH FROM THE SLAVE food indeed at the proper time--

Happy sistah, of course if you study real hard you just might be able to get that PhD. smile

you got to love it

when you show this stuff to NONJW they find it so hard to believe that a religion would dog thier members like this just for wanting to improve their lot in life

as i told one guy , think about the jw who lives in a poor country who thru good grades can get out of the slum and his religion tells him

it is better to spend time selling worthless books for the next 30 yrs

you got to love it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit