The results of the CSA Study article in Kingdom Halls is starting to come in.

by I believe in overlapping 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

SL. well put.and of course anyone with .25 of a brain will realize you are being sarcastic while revealing good info.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Magnum - "Notice that the JW tactic is as usual - the logical fallacy of argumentum ad hominem (attack your opponent rather than his message - when you can't win in an argument with him, attack him). They just kept saying 'you're misguided' or 'you're lying'. They never addressed her argument. It's the same that they do with us. They don't address our points of argument; they attack us. 'You're an apostate!' Instead of addressing the points of argument, the will say 'Where did you get that information?' They should just address it and quit trying to make the source of it seem evil or suspicious."

When all else fails, sleazy lawyer tactics.

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "...You want to do say something public when given the mic, play the game: 'In this article, we can read something that, I believe, was never printed before: Parents have the right to call the police - even if there is no two witnesses. We need to take a pause here and appreciate this significant change. <pause>. Up until recently, this was not our policy. The result is that many pedophiles were not reported and made further victims. But thanks to Jehovah's direction, the parents can now help in stopping this. The police doesn't simply put perpetrators in jail, they provide psychiatric assistance, they monitor them once they are out, and they warn the general public, not just the witnesses, everyone, about them. And with this article, parents can help in making their neighbourhood a safer place. Truly, we can see Jehovah's hand in this.'..."

I LOLed at this, just imagining the guy at the platform shaking harder and harder at this, until his head explodes like that poor fucker in Scanners...

• jhine
    jhine

They didn't actually call her a liar did they ? l heard her saying that she would leave if they could actually say that she was lying , which they couldn't

That took a lot of courage and she should be commended , as usual it was all men who were opposing her . That would have felt very intimidating .

Jan .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Magnum - "...They should just address it and quit trying to make the source of it seem evil or suspicious."

As far as the WTS is concerned, the source of it IS evil and/or suspicious... even if it's true.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

C.T Russell pointed out that the Devil spoke truth on occasion, and even if it was the Devil that did that, what he said was still truth. (I think from memory he was commenting on the temptation of J.C in the Wilderness)

How different was CTR's thinking from the JW's attitude today, attack the source, ignore the truth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" The Truth " is the WTS/JWorg is a lying corrupt fear mongering apostate publishing house, ....... there is nothing moral or righteous about that.

• carla
    carla

I assume this was during a meeting, how would the rest of the meeting been handled after something like this? What would the elders have said or would they go on like nothing just happened?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’ve done the smart, fancy comments and they didn’t do any good. In the end, “I follow the direction of the Faithful Slave!”, is what you get, as Dubs are afraid to think independently...

I haven’t read the article, nor have I watched Cedar’s rebuttal. I plan on watching it, especially since my Mother sent me the article and a letter, which have yet to read because I know she’s going to defend the WTBTS.

DD 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Data-Dog - "...Dubs are afraid to think independently..."

I met a few like that, and simply couldn't be friends with them. Not on any meaningful level, anyway.

I sometimes wonder if some people (as a result of a lifetime of blunders, maybe?) become so fucking terrified of making mistakes that they get to the point where they'd rather let someone else make all their big decisions for them...

...that way, if they're simply following someone else's instructions, any potential screw-ups won't technically be their fault, and they won't feel so guilty/embarrassed/stupid.

I could be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit