The results of the CSA Study article in Kingdom Halls is starting to come in.

by I believe in overlapping 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

There are some JWs that are calling it quits after today's Watchtower study.

Experiences are coming in on reddit.

Here is one experience caught on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_nDjphv1w

Here is another.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/cd2y97/wifes_done_with_wt/

• Magnum
    Magnum

I watched the video. I think some will say she shouldn't have done what she did, but I'm actually glad she did. I believe that what she said has to at least reside in the backs of the minds of some.

Notice that the JW tactic is as usual - the logical fallacy of argumentum ad hominem (attack your opponent rather than his message - when you can't win in an argument with him, attack him). They just kept saying "you're misguided" or "you're lying". They never addressed her argument. It's the same that they do with us. They don't address our points of argument; they attack us. "You're an apostate!" Instead of addressing the points of argument, the will say "Where did you get that information?" They should just address it and quit trying to make the source of it seem evil or suspicious. If it's a fact, it doesn't matter where it came from. I am sick of the weak, cultish JW mentality.

It's kind of ironic that they'll call the cops to protect themselves as they were threatening to do in this case, but they wouldn't call the cops to help helpless children who were abused.

I really don't think the article is going to cause a stir or cause many to leave. Most remaining JWs just ain't that smart and/or they're too indoctrinated and closed-minded and ignorant. I think most of the smart, thinking ones have already left or are PIMO.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

From what I see on Facebook faded members are getting text messages from their JW family encouraging them to go to the meeting because it’s talking about how the org protects victims of child abuse.

They're all gushing about it.

• minimus
    minimus

Her voice was annoying

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I'm sorry, but I cannot help but have shivers down my spine thinking how 'agressed" these people must have been.

You want to do say something public when given the mic, play the game:

"In this article, we can read something that, I believe, was never printed before: Parents have the right to call the police - even if there is no two witnesses. We need to take a pause here and appreciate this significant change. <pause>. Up until recently, this was not our policy. The result is that many pedophiles were not reported and made further victims. But thanks to Jehovah's direction, the parents can now help in stopping this. The police doesn't simply put perpetrators in jail, they provide psychiatric assistance, they monitor them once they are out, and they warn the general public, not just the witnesses, everyone, about them. And with this article, parents can help in making their neighbourhood a safer place. Truly, we can see Jehovah's hand in this. "

The objective here is to stay bellow their Apostate radar while making them go "What the hell was that?" Up until now, we didn't report pedophiles at all?

• zeb
    zeb

PE another reason not to be on fb.

she showed great courage and the mention of the royal commission may have struck a note with those present this being in the UK.

I rue the day I ever entered a kh.

• blondie
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am surprised they let her go on so long.. Good for her

• steve2
    steve2

I am surprised they let her go on so long..

Who actually listens to answers in the Watchtower Study? They let her go on for so long because they weren't really listening and when they finally "heard" what she said, a belated "Uh-oh!" surfaced. Too late!

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate
    I love how she's always saying "yeah".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit