Do You Take Any Special Vitamins or Meds That You Would Recommend?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As we get older , we tend to feel the aches and pains or some tiredness like never before.

I have some friends who are in excellent condition and I’ve asked what their secret was.

Some swear by CBD oil as a cure all for aches and localized pain. Greek yogurt is a natural food that can attack gut fat as does taking probiotics.

Have you found anything that makes you more energized? Btw, I have used cbd and it works wonders and in the last few weeks been taking probiotics and definitely feel better!

• Olig
    Olig

Vitamin B. It's like you drank a crate of redbull but you don't have the comedown XD. You also have luminous pee which is quite the novelty.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't really take anything, although sometimes I take cod liver oil tablets/pills.

Diet is important. I recommend eating oats, porridge or oat cakes.

There have been some studies done that show oats somehow help lower cholesterol levels in the blood.

I'd also recommend fresh fruit and vegetables, including salads. I love mature cheddar cheese but I always get low fat cheddar.

I love Marmite (yeast spread) but it's very salty. So, I buy a low salt version.

A lot of this is common sense.

• minimus
    minimus

Luv, ur rite about common sense!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

One-a-Day multi-vitamin

• Simon
    Simon

Just eat regular sensible meals, make sure you get something from all 5 major food groups:

1. KFC
    2. McDonalds
    3. BurgerKing
    4. PizzaHit
    5. TacoBell

You'll also never have trouble with yer number 2's.

Seriously ... I guess you could just go with a multi-vitamin but if you eat proper food you should be getting everything you need.

Food supplements are a big industry that frequently sells snake-oil in every bottle.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Oat porridge in the morning with coffee, got to have that,

green salad topped with a protein like chicken,

turkey or seafood for lunch followed by a light dinner.

I take the position if you eat balanced nutritious meals you shouldn't

need to take vitamin supplements.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I hardly ever take any vitamins, just try to eat right, nuts, fruits, fish, vegetables, foods containing lots of antioxidants, fatty acids, and body building proteins, with small amounts of carbohydrates.

Also I consume a shit load of THC, CBD, on a regular basis. I regularly take a Voacanga Africanis extract(cheap online), Chagga tea, and every once and a while I micro dose Magic Mushrooms, along with other psychedelics to increase brain activity and make lots of new brain cells along with some good fatty acids I find helps fight depression and keeps one in in the zone.

http://alzheimerdisease.tv/african-plant-offers-possible-treatment-for-alzheimers-parkinsons/

I'm in need of some outside hiking as soon as the weather gets better, gotta get your exercise.

• blondie
    blondie

First, my doctor did address CBD because I suffer from constant pain and the safe and proven ways have not been able to address very well in some cases. She told me that there is not enough scientific testing to show if it is effective or safe. Some may see it as an alternative to opoids or other addictive medication.

I have seen jws and others attest to the effectiveness of some alternative meds, but the personal testimonies of a few people will not convince me or even a few hundred. I remember a brother (so-called) set up a website to sell special vitamins who increased physical health based on a few anonymous testimonies. He roped in several elders to invest or provide services to set up his website. It was eventually revealed to be a fraud and the elders lost quite a bit of money. This brother's reputation was not stellar to start with. It is amazing how people can be roped into thinking they can get rich quick.

• blondie
    blondie

In the end a good diet with balanced nutrition, exercise, and relaxing techniques have helped me the most.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit