Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Please let me know if any of my Axioms are wrong, or if I am not stating them properly.

They range from hilariously wrong to meaningless drivel.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Cappytan - In response to Is God "known to exist?"

No, God is not "known to exist".

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Cappytan - In response to Is God "known to exist?"
    No, God is not "known to exist".

Well, at least we agree on something.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Viviane - Please elaborate on at least one, if your superior intelligence allows it of you.
  • cofty
    cofty
    If Evolution is Inherently Good, and Evolution is the Force that compels the Universe to grow, would not the Universe also be Inherently Good?

Entropy in the universe tends to a maximum

By your bizarre reasoning that would make the universe inherently bad.

• prologos
    prologos

What does that even mean? cappytan.:

'No. 8 Deist creator' refers to the choices at the beginning of this thread. picking the "god" of your choice. then talk.

The deist creator is assumed to exist, has created the cosmos, and has since then not tinkered with his creation or intervened, so, imho. many a father, inventor is surprised to what highs or lows his work , evolves, turns out.

I posted once to the question "why did god create the universe?" the answer-- prologos: " to see what would evolve".

Although it now believed that the universe is dying, it has a long way, perhaps 13.8x10^8 years to go, before the end radiation become undetectable.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Cappytan, I am in a conference room for the next three days working on planning a healthcare data managment system. This is sadly, entertainment.

LAWHFol, all of them, pick one. Which one doesn't matter.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

cappytan -

In response to "Can you show me definitive proof of how Philosophy and Metaphysics led to their discoveries? "

Yes I can show you definitive proof. To do so I'll use another Scientists - Nikola Tesla.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence." - Nikola Tesla

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Wrong again, LAWHFol. That idea was never used to make a discovery. Try again.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Yes I can show you definitive proof. To do so I'll use another Scientists - Nikola Tesla.
    "The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence." - Nikola Tesla

How is that definitive proof of making scientific discoveries by studying philosophy and metaphysics?

Nikola Tesla was a great scientist, true. But I would be comfortable in saying that all of his discoveries were based off of physical observation and experimentation and not due to philosophy and metaphysics.

EDIT: and it bears stating that in the past century there were decades where more scientific progress was made than in all the previous centuries...and that was without resorting to philosophy or the study of metaphysics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit