Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Viviane :

My question has everything to do with the topic.. My question goes along with the statement's of prologos.

The universe transpires in an Orderly manner, and that Order is Inherently good.

When you see Good in all, you will understand.

• prologos
    prologos

" asshole." viviane's sample of word choices. or 'choice' words.

Those are big words, considering to the pile* you can show for,-- compared to the majestic edifice that we live in.

* not trying to belittle your achievements ( if any).

• Viviane
    Viviane
    The universe is not orderly and things being in order is not inherently good. You're simply saying more meaning drivel that's factually and observably untrue.
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

I'm sorry but you are confused.

If someone says "The House always wins" they do not mean, that the house wins 100% of the time.. Rather they mean, that the House wins more than 51% of the Time.

With this in mind, what I said is a Factually observable and true.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    With this in mind, what I said is a Factually observable and true.

Sorry, you don't get to claim "as long as I get to define words to mean something other than what they mean, then what I said means what I said". You don't speak for others and don't get to tell me what they mean.

Claiming I I am confused is just another example of your dishonesty in your attempt to pretend your drivel has meaning. You and prologos make a cute couple that way, dishonesty seems to be inherent to the religious condition. It is a demonstrable fact that what you said is NOT true.

• prologos
    prologos

LAWHfol

The laws in the universe are reliable. and they have produced relatively stable environments at some times in some places, and for us that is good, but if look at the cratered moon and the hits she took, or Charon, -- it is a messy work place, organized mayhem. imho

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Viviane : A while back you wrote a post, which discussed "Quality Thinking". Let us please abide by the statements in your post, to come to a conclusion in this thread.

I said that the Universe is Orderly - You said that the Universe is not Orderly.

I said that the Universe is Inherently Good - You said that the Universe is not Inherently Good.

The Definition of Inherent is "existing in someone or something as a permanent and inseparable element, quality, or attribute"

It is my assertion that If someone is More organized than unorganized, it is Fair to Say that the Person is organized.

If as a Result of being Organized, the Person becomes organized a to a Greater Extent ,it can be said that the person is Improving in his Organization.

If this Person lives forever, and he without relent, becomes more organized, it can be said that this person is Inherently organized. Or organization is an inseparable quality of who he is.

Using this Analogy, consider the quality of Evolution.

Does Life go from Better to Worse, or does Life go From Worse to Better?

If you agree that Life goes from Worse to Better, is it not appropriate to say that Evolution is Inherently Good?

If Evolution is Inherently Good, and Evolution is the Force that compels the Universe to grow, would not the Universe also be Inherently Good?

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Being an atheist means you positively mean God doesn't exist. Saying there is a possibility there could be some sort of god is agnosticism (which is where I'm at).

Well, despite what some may claim it is, the definition of atheist does have some caveats worth investigating i.e. positive vs negative atheism. There are subtle differences for one's consideration...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#Positive_vs._negative

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Prologos - The Laws in the Universe are Infallible. If these Laws at any time appear flawed or anything other than Good, it is not due to the Nature of the Universe, it is Due to our limited comprehension of the purpose of the Universe.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane : A while back you wrote a post, which discussed "Quality Thinking". Let us please abide by the statements in your post, to come to a conclusion in this thread.

Sure thing. Ditch your meaningless drivel, construct a valid argument and come back. So far your argument is in the category of "not even wrong meaningless drivel".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit