What a gas!!

by LuckyLucy 20 Replies latest social current

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Just to expand on what Rayzorblade mentioned.

$0.85 per litre Can.

x .6689 Current Exchange rate as per RBC = $0.57 US

x 3.8 litres per US gallon = $2.17 US.....or $ 3.24 per gallon CAN

So there ! We Win.......

Only consolation I guess is that a month ago it took 159 Can $ to buy 100 US $, now it only takes 149 Can $. Pretty soon our dollar will be worth more than yours.

• JLOB
    JLOB

LuckyLucy,

I live in Texas and today I paid $1.72 a gallon for Super and filled my large American car up. I drive 70 miles round trip to and from my office office everyday not to mention the miles I drive on business during the week.

• blackout
    blackout

Well here in Aust. we are paying $1.04 per litre,

Our dollar is at about 60c US so thats 1.04 X .6043 US exchange rate=$0.63US

x 3.8ltrse per gallon= $2.39per gallon US or $3.95per gallon AU

Is that right?

my maths is a bit rusty.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Lucey,

I live in FL. The gas prices vary but the cheapest you can find it is $1.79. I'm sick of these high gas prices!!!

• LB
    LB

According to http://www.gaspricewatch.com/ the highest price in the USA is in Sacramento CA at 2.84 a gallon and the cheapest is in Georgia at 1.34.

• Princess
    Princess

I paid $1.75 at Costco last week for regular unleaded. I don't pay much attention to Super prices but I know they are teetering around $2 a gallon.

Thanks for the info LB! Steve has been considering buying a Land Cruiser in Sacramento, I'll make sure the guy gives it to him "full" if he buys it!

• LB
    LB

Still after that landcruiser. Well let Steve know that we're about half way home I think and our home is open to him on the drive back. If he gets this one.

Maybe I'll get him to sneak in a dive????

• Princess
    Princess

He was hoping you'd say that. It's kind of a long shot, but a nice cruiser that we'd love to have. Just some tough negotiating going on.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Gas prices definitely vary here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I paid $1.59 the other night, but other places it's a few cents cheaper, more in other places. I think here it depends on which intersection you're located.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Here are the todays prices in my area:

Regular- Arm

Plus -Leg

Premium- First Born

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit