Impression of Leaked Letter Regarding Annual Meeting

by freemindfade 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Syme
    Syme

I don't think they're really fighting for recruits now. They are fighting for self-preservation. They may not be able to get any more intelligent recruits (if there ever were any), but they might be able to dumb-down the existing members even further, rendering them incapable of waking up and possibly leaving. That is the "philosophy" (forgive the abuse of this fine word) of their new dimwit teaching sessions, I believe.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Of course they're fighting for survival.

After all, if the WTS doesn't survive, what more elegant proof would there be that it's not "God's Earthly Organization"?

x

EDIT: It also begs the question, "why would the WTS be fighting for its own survival if it weren't in danger of not surviving?"

• sir82
    sir82

On JW Talk, there is a thread on this, for the time being it is still in the "publicly visible" section.

Some appear to be rather gob-smacked. Not sure if they are genuinely upset, or if they are some of our own l'il "apostate" plants trying to stir things up.

• TD
    TD

Can anyone think of a financial gain in recruiting lower IQ members?

Maybe the benefit is not financial (?)

Smart JW's seem to have a tendency to become smart xJW's

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Smart JW's seem to have a tendency to become smart xJW's.

That's true, except for those with financial or power interests in remaining within the JW sphere. I've seen plenty of the likes of these. But when something happens that disrupts the power path or money flow they quickly becomes exs.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    With the scrapping of the Ministry School, that's got to be a major let down(when after it's announced). I mean think about it, that's the only place where one can really develop their public speaking skills.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think it's GREAT!!! No second school means less chance of being assigned a random bible reading! That's great news for those who are fading!

Can we have a look at what pro-JWs are saying about the "adjustments?"

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Smart JW's seem to have a tendency to become smart xJW's.

Yes, smart people "think themselves out of the truth" as many silly witnesses have said.....

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Mille,

Maybe the stupid don't have money, but they are many, and they look good on statistics. And statistics pump up the egos of the gov. body.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "...smart people 'think themselves out of the truth'..."

I remember that phrase from back in the day.

I thought it was stoopid even then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit