Please Just Take Me Home...

by Valis 44 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I have recently connected with my father's sister. She is 12 years older than me and studied with my mother for awhile. Never became a dub, thank heaven. She has had her problems, however, she is nice. It is great to find someone in my family that I feel I can trust. I have 8 cousins and 3 aunts on my mothers side who don't want any relationship because I am no longer a dub....(they think I am an apostate). I think it is their loss.

Anyway, you cannot pick your family. However, you do not have to put up with their crap or guilt trips.

You can walk away...LB has and my sister is dead to me. Many factors are involved with our estrangement, however, I feel better just knowing I do not have to endure emotional/verbal abuse.

I used to wish a worldly family my father knew through work would adopt me...I even used to wish my parents would die in a crash because I figured no family could be worse than mine was. I know that is wrong, however, it was a coping mechanism.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hey Valis,

I know this isn't exactly what you said, but maybe it's time to make this point. Nobody, not even the most loving parents can have unconditional love. Mind you, a parent may love you as much as a human being can love another human being, but that right there is actually a condition, that's what I mean by unconditional love - in the absolute sense of the word, truly unconditional.

Now I'm sure a lot of people will be like: "Who gives a shit about THAT Intro??? It's pretty good that someone loves you as much as a human being can! What else can you ask for??" Well, I guess I mention this because in my world love is pretty much synonymous with freedom. People often think of love as having ties with people or things, but I only see those as ties. I'm sure we know about dysfunctional relationships where one party might be clingy, or both for that matter - to me that's just being addicted to a person, the way they make you feel and so on - whether it's from a lover or a family member.

To me real unconditional love that is totally free cannot come from an object or a person for that matter, it is naturally present in nature. Have you ever felt miserable but got tired of resisting it, and felt what a relief it was to just let yourself feel that 'negative emotion'? People tend to be uncomfortable with others who might be feeling miserable, but often when you're left alone and perhaps more importantly, leave yourself alone, it dissolves. There's an open and spacious quality about it, such that you can be exactly how you feel like being - just being yourself, even if that's a miserable feeling guy at the moment. I'd known about this for a while and understood the principle, but one day I finally realized: This is what it means to go home.

• Solace
    Solace

You are totally like family to us.

I hope you know how much we all love & appreciate you.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

((((Valis))))

I know exactly where you are coming from, you know most of us on here do. I am soooo grateful for my new famlies I have aquired. I remember, on paper, how sad it seemed that my family didn't want anything to do with me because I doubted their beliefs. Now it doesn't seem to hurt anymore.

I'd adopt you Valis, but I think I'd have a hard time explaining how I had a son that big, and that much older than me.

*muah* to you though

Chevy of the 'family? what family? Oh that's right, my new family' class

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((((((((((((Travis)))))))))))))))))))

We do love you fer chrissakes !!!

XW

• wednesday
    wednesday

valis,((((((mom hugs))))))

i'll adopt u

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I used to sign this song as part of the "lip sync" deaf contest back in Center on Deafness and I dunno if this this the right theme to fit the right mood of this topic, but here goes....

Take me Home Country Roads

Allmost heaven, West Virginia
    Blue Ridge Mountains, Shanandoah River
    Life is old there, older than the trees
    Younger than the mountains
    Growing like a breeze

CHORUS
    Country Roads, take me home
    To the place I belong
    West Virginia Mountain mama
    Take me home Country Road

All my memories gather 'round her
    Miner's lady, strangers to blue water
    Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
    Misty taste of moonshine
    Tear drops in my eye

CHORUS

I hear her voice in the morning
    How she calls me
    The radio reminds me of my home far away
    And driving down the road
    I get a feeling that I should have been home
    Yesterday Yesterday

CHORUS

Neal

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Travis))))) Chris & I love, admire and respect you a lot. Jennie & Jackson think you're really cool and really smart, especially about science stuff. For heaven's sake, even our DOGS like you!!! You are definitely a part of our family.

"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives." (Don't know who said that, but I love it!)

I know how you feel. The way they are treating you, it's kind of like they're dead, so you're going through that grieving process like I am right now. It sucks and it feels lousy, but it will pass. Take comfort from your friends, howl to the moon in anguish if you need to, and then live each day of your life for YOU and your two beautiful girls.

Love & hugs,

Nina

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hey brudda.... tryin to call you now but you arent home. I'll try again in a little bit.

Kansas District Overbeer

• manon
    manon

Manon<--------->Floppy shoes, shinny red nose, pulls rabbit out of hat, juggles 10 balls in the air. Will you smile for me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit